Best chainsaw stihl made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prhaps I shouldn't speak up here......but I will....I'm obviously not a Stihl flag waver.....with admittedly low exposure as I am not enthused to work on Stihl equipment ...though I have to occasionally...since I have to eat.... I've found the 026 to be very popular but lackluster IMHO.......However I ran one of Pionererguys ported 026s at Leeha's GTG and it was really awesome!! In stock form my vote would be for the 034 Super/036 PRO as those will run out of the box with any brand 62cc saw...I have jazz up a 630 Super II to out run them with a 20" bar......

Prhaps I shouldn't speak up here......but I will....I'm obviously not a Stihl flag waver.....with admittedly low exposure as I am not enthused to work on Stihl equipment ...though I have to occasionally...since I have to eat.... I've found the 026 to be very popular but lackluster IMHO.......However I ran one of Pionererguys ported 026s at Leeha's GTG and it was really awesome!! In stock form my vote would be for the 034 Super/036 PRO as those will run out of the box with any brand 62cc saw...I have jazz up a 630 Super II to out run them with a 20" bar......
Stihl still puts money on the table, especially for loggers running the new MS661 or the MS660 for the past six years. We could go back further with the 064, 066, 084, etc. Yes, I suppose they could be running Husky 394's or 395's. But, those saws are not flawless either. No saw is.

BTW, I still own a souped up Stihl 034 Super and yes, it is a whale of a nice saw. But, so is my Husky 257 and my vintage Husky 61 that I rebuilt.

Im like anyone else. The brand that i have had good experiences with is what i keep buy. Doesn’t matter the brand. They all have their positives and negatives.

Ex, I love my current saw 562XP. Best saw iv ever run. But the butt f#€K that designed the way the air filter seats on the horn is a bad idea. I have just been using a very small amount of RTV on mine for a good seal and replacing the filter more often since i don’t take it off to blow it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stihl still puts money on the table, especially for loggers running the new MS661 or the MS660 for the past six years. We could go back further with the 064, 066, 084, etc. Yes, I suppose they could be running Husky 394's or 395's. But, those saws are not flawless either. No saw is.

BTW, I still own a souped up Stihl 034 Super and yes, it is a whale of a nice saw. But, so is my Husky 257 and my vintage Husky 61 that I rebuilt.

Again I said my exposure was limited.....however most of my saws were designed and built way ahead of the curve at the time of manufacture.......Stihl had little to offer in the 70's that would compare to a Jonsereds of the same cc at that time .....until you get up to the 070/090 saws running extreme length bars.....so again I say p'rehaps I shouldn't speak here on this subject.....as this isn't a comparison thread......sorry to interject.....but my vote stihl stands....

The Husqvarna 2100 (99cc) doesn't care what size the tree is. Lol

I think from what I seen what's popular with others is the Husqvarna rancher 55/460/465 and the stihl farmboss/woodboss are probably the most popular because of home owners. I'm sure some go for the cheaper priced saws.

At the saw mill the biggest bars we used were 32" on the 385xp, The 28" on the Husqvarna 575xp. Some trunks needed to be cut from both sides. That's big trees for the northeast. That's tooth picks for you northwest loggers. Lol

Back