• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Best chainsaw stihl made?

catbuster

catbuster

Catskinner. And buster.
Well... Since it was asked, I’m going with the MS 461. Plenty of balls (more than the 044, which is second) to handle a lot of trees with a bar long enough to do it safely. Not too heavy. Built well enough to take a beating but not heavy like a tank. Way smoother than its predecessor.

The sight parallel to the bar is pretty slick too, which I hadn’t seen before it. Really nice for judging where your tip is buried in the wood.

NIP Group
Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
I think the best quality Stihl saws came imported from germany just like the best Husqvarna saws were made in sweden. Time will tell when outside vendors are making this relabeled saws on whos the best.

I have some older stills and older huskys which I cherish because back then they were the best.

Stihl 041S

Stihl 041S

Tree Freak
I think the best quality Stihl saws came imported from germany just like the best Husqvarna saws were made in sweden. Time will tell when outside vendors are making this relabeled saws on whos the best.

I have some older stills and older huskys which I cherish because back then they were the best.
Don’t agree.
I love my ported 026......but the 261 walks all over it.
And remember........the Model T was more accurately made than a Rolls Royce of the same era.......

SamT1

SamT1

ArboristSite Guru
By my standards it’s the saw that gets the job done fastest, minimal operator fatigue, and does it over and over.

I’d bet they haven’t made it yet.
Anything with a 0xx doesn’t have good enough AV.
Smaller than a 360 is too small to do it.
Right now it’s probably a 461
If the 500 is proven reliable it may be the one.

Colt Marlington

Colt Marlington

ArboristSite Guru
Some may scoff at the idea of the 009L being a great little saw. But I love it. So small and gutsy for a little homeowner saw.
41cc's of reed valve grunt stuffed in a compact 9 pound package.
20181225_090353.jpg

But I'd love to have an old 200T in great shape. Seems to be the one saw that the masses consider unequivocally the best. So without ever using one, I'm going to say the 200. But a new 201TCM would be ok by me.

Then probably a second gen 241. All the pro builders around here seem to revere these saws.

grizz55chev

grizz55chev

Tree Freak
Some may scoff at the idea of the 009L being a great little saw. But I love it. So small and gutsy for a little homeowner saw.
41cc's of reed valve grunt stuffed in a compact 9 pound package.
View attachment 773297

But I'd love to have an old 200T in great shape. Seems to be the one saw that the masses consider unequivocally the best. So without ever using one, I'm going to say the 200. But a new 201TCM would be ok by me.

Then probably a second gen 241. All the pro builders around here seem to revere these saws.
Run that little **** for more than 5 minutes and yer hand won’t stop vibrating for 1/2 an hr. The 200t is unsurpassed as the best Stihl ever built. The 044 is my go to for medium sized wood.