Bought two saws today but didn't notice what they were.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
So Groundi and I are out saling today. You know, yard sales, estate sales, and so forth. Anyway, I picked up a bow saw which was a red Homelite. I think an XL but didn't really pay much attention as I was mainly buying the bow. I also picked up a small top handle Craftsman. I'd call it a Poulan 2000 but not sure what exactly it is. It's a tan colored one and pieces of fuel line were falling off of it while I was carrying it to the car. I gave $5 bucks for that which is my standard "non running Poulan 2000" price. I passed on a Stihl string trimmer (homeowner size) and some other blowers, string trimmers, etc. I mainly only fix chainsaws and not other OPE unless it's my own.
If I get a chance tomorrow I'll probably clean these saws up and get them running.
I'll sell the Craftsman locally (I routinely sell this series for $45) and the Bow saw will show up here on the Trading Post eventually. Oh, I also bought a 1/2" drive SK socket set, some misc tools such as drift, breaker bar, mechanical fingers, plastic drum bung wrench, gas cans, etc. Groundi picked up some Corelle dishes, books, kitchen gadgets, etc. I also picked up some parts at the Stihl dealer that I ordered about a month ago. (I've been gone and didn't go by there) Tried to pick up an exhaust gasket at a Husqvarna dealer that I will probably never go back to again based on this plus previous experiences. I have a couple other Husky options I'll investigate for this $3 part. lol

I actually got two bows with the Homelite but I'm not sure the second one is still serviceable since it's pretty worn on one corner. Be ok for a wall hanger I guess.

Back