chainsaw protective shirt/jacket/vest?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildbio

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone use a protective shirt, jacket, or vest?
There don't seem to be many out there. I saw that Husky makes them. Stihl also makes them but when I do a search on them I only find them offered in the UK.
I have chaps, gloves, hardhat, face shield, eye protection, and earmuffs/plugs.
My boots aren't designed to protect from saw mishaps but are steel-toed and the chaps cover the top. I'm looking at protecting the upper torso/arms so if anyone has any recommendations I'd appreciate it. BTW I couldn't find any on the sponsors sites.

The Stihl shirts (I think made by SwedePro) are available in the US, you just have to order one from your dealer.

Do a search for SwedePro or Elvex and you should find what your looking for.

Here's a link to the Elvex on our site. It is a special order item. However we are considering stocking it but we need a little more volume to do so.
http://www.amickssuperstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Elvex+Safety+ProVest
Elvex%20Safety%20ProVest-2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking vest. Is it offered in a jacket.

If you are cut, statistically speaking, it will be on the left side of your body, and usually your leg or arm. This shirt doesn't protect your arms, the pants protect your legs. Its like the "safety chain" b.s. Work safe instead of relying on safety devices to help you. I wear the hardhat combo and saw pants on the ground, but thats where I draw the line, I mean what is next?

If you are cut, statistically speaking, it will be on the left side of your body, and usually your leg or arm. This shirt doesn't protect your arms, the pants protect your legs. Its like the "safety chain" b.s. Work safe instead of relying on safety devices to help you. I wear the hardhat combo and saw pants on the ground, but thats where I draw the line, I mean what is next?

You're pretty much correct about the stats.
As shown in the attached:
And because the vest does not provide much protection for the arms, I'm leaning towards a protective jacket or shirt.

Last edited:
0#post859580

i have the husky shirt ,iuse it when i'm up in the bucket. but it is short sleeved and hot in the summer time . but better to be safe than sorry.:chainsawguy:

I have a Stihl orange long sleeve shirt made by Swedfor, Inc. The cut resistant material is in the sleeves and upper chest/ back/collar. The body is mesh. I wanted an orange shirt working around the heavy equipment and this was cheap on ebay a couple of years ago. It says it was tested by the USFS though I don't see a FSS marking on it.

I have a Stihl orange long sleeve shirt made by Swedfor, Inc. The cut resistant material is in the sleeves and upper chest/ back/collar. The body is mesh. I wanted an orange shirt working around the heavy equipment and this was cheap on ebay a couple of years ago. It says it was tested by the USFS though I don't see a FSS marking on it.

I just ordered one of these through my Stihl dealer (made by SwedePro for Stihl).

I just ordered one of these through my Stihl dealer (made by SwedePro for Stihl).

I'm glad you found one in stock. I had no luck out here with Mid-Atlantic Stihl in Med or Large sizes. Since the Fire down at SwedePro factory it looks like inventory in the field for a period of time.

Back