Cutting small diameter trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i was cutting 3” to 4” hardwood trees. I’d knotching them and back cut them. But a had an early 70’s pro husky 240. I noticed I would cut through the hinge in a mili second leaving the tree in mid air and the hangtime gave me enough time to get the bar away from the tree. I had the chain razor sharp as always. I did this a few times watching the air space in the cut.

Have you ever done or seen this?

It was cool to see the tree in mid air. Your right I was cutting through the hinge anyway. That little saw is quick.

I used to do that on small stuff I was falling when I was swamping.... Light finger on the throttle. Small stuff can get you hurt quicker than the big stuff.

Closest I get to that's zip cuts that stab the ground, works as well on the ground as it does aloft on small stuff.

Jomoco

I had my early 70’s husky 240 rollsroyce heated saw kick back across my boot while cutting tops to heat the house. Thank god the boot tops were double leather. My toes were under my foot.

Back