Dump trailer. Scissor lift or multi stage cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long does it take to get to full height? I like the looks of that trailer. Any pics of how they attached the fenders? Thanks

Fenders are made as separate assemblies then welded on. There is a 1 1/2 x 3 tube that runs the length of the inner side of the fender. The fenders are mounted using a short piece of 1” square at either end. Finally a brace is installed under the center. Might not be easy to see from the picture. The 1” tube is about 5” long and mounted vertically to the frame just ahead of the actual fender corner. It is welded on each side to the frame. Then there is a fillet top and bottom to the tube that runs the length of the fender. If you look closely you can see the 1” square in the corner at the edge of the snow. .
a75d642f6c48a09e75888cdf68350543.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How is that plumbed? Is the last section hollow?
Most telescopic cylinders I have seen have the rods going up.

The cylinder is mounted to the front of the bed with a trunnions pin. Plumbed at the base. Gravity down. It is not fast to hit full height, but not painfully slow either.
d47a23a6dad3190c30799e646596eb6c.jpg

Cylinder says Eagle Hydraulic Products on it.

How long does it take to get to full height?

I timed it at almost 1 minute exactly empty. I have not dumped a full load since to see if it slows down, but I did dump a half cord load and I did not notice it being any slower.

It took longer to come back down empty, but it was -20c out

Latest posts

Back