Echo 60S

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougs

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So, I picked up this chainsaw for a decently low price and tore into q while back and remember not having spark. So I revisited it this past weekend, and found ignition parts, if I need them on the web. But, my big question is, why does mine have this big round air filter? uploadfromtaptalk1391466073796.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Because someone added it. I have 15 of them all with the flat filter. Never saw one with a round filter...Bob

I looked at it closer last night. It looks stock to me. Not like somebody hacked it up and rigged it on there. I might take cleaner detailed pics later.

I agree that it looks like a Tecumseh filter housing. I'll get more pics, then you can see what I'm seeing.

This filter possibly was an option for their CS-60S cutoff saw model...

I just remembered that I have a Super 250 with a filter like that
137_3755.jpg

...which actually should have been on this one
143_4314.jpg

I pulled the "foam" filter out, and rinsed off the parts. The one piece seems like cast aluminum, where its cutout isn't from somebody with a jigsaw or drill, it's cast that way. I'm fairly certain its factory parts.

Also, I was looking for a s/n, and couldn't find one. Where should it be located on these? All I found was an oval spot with a "U" on it.

i do agree that the air filter base parts look original, just not the cover, make me wonder if echo made an optional H.D. filter kit for their cs-60s cut off saw, the only pic i found shows the chainsaw style filter being used.............CS-60Scutoff.jpg

Latest posts

Back