Echo CS 4400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi Guys, just thought I would offer some comments on the Echo CS 4400 I bought. For the last week I have been felling and clearing a fence row for my brother-in-law. I dropped about 60 trees mostly wild cherry and white oak 16-22 inch diameter. I have had no trouble with the saw, initaly a little under powered but after 25 trees or so it started to break into its power. The clutch was extremely tight until the last day of felling. I really didn't plan on using it for felling but these cherries didn't need a big horse, so I left the 394 XPG in the truck. By the second day the idle was creaping up on the echo, so I cleaned the air filter and did bring it back down a little. I pretty sure I'll need some low end adjustment. The saw starts on the fourth pull when cold and the first pull when warm. Overall I am very happy with the saw and I would recomend it. Especially because I only paid $280.00 for it brand new!
"the Hoosier"

I too have had a good experience with the cs-4400. I bought the saw thinking it would only be good for limbing. It has proven itself over the last year as a very capable saw for its size. I am going to sell it on ebay next week, only because I have too many saws. I would recomend this saw to anyone wanting a saw in the 40-45cc size range. Great saw for under $300- Robert

"I am going to sell it on ebay next week, only because I have too many saws. "

:confused: :confused: :confused:

DOES NOT COMPUTE!

:D

Sorry to even add that in my reply. Didn't mean to imply I don't like it. But I just picked up a nearly new stihl 028 super that still had the shipping tape on it, new from 1985. I am anxious to rev it up for a while, and the 4400 is still like new. thanks-Robert

AHHHH, upgrading is acceptable. Hope you like the 028. Had 024's and 026's for small-midsize but never an 028.

Hey treeclimber, I see you are from sunny Fla. I was wondering if you ever used a bow bar on your saw. I have a husky 288 with a bow I use, so now you know why I like a bigger midsize saw. That 288 gets heavy and I don't use it on anything higher than my waist with the bow on it. I just know that bows aren't even heard of very far north seems like. -Robert

Nope, never used a bow. Saw one hanging on a wall once, not on a saw.
Never used a cs-4400 either, but I love the cs-3400 for a climbing saw. Toss the muffler screen and shove a prydriver into the exhaust outlet to waller it out and they run pretty darn good!
:blob2:

Back