Echo CS-670 Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LumberJack18

Reaction score
Hey i have an 670 that i bought last year and it worked great! Up until this spring where i blew it up...crappy gas and oil. Anyway, i replaced the rings, piston, needle bearing and such and then broke it in today. I have one problem though....

On this echo there is an additional manual thumb chain oil button and i cant figure out where the hose goes. I wasn't lookin when i took the thing appart.:chainsawguy. The hose has this little plastic thing on the end that the oil comes out. Right now it is outside of where the chain is and when i hit the botton oil just squirts all over the side of the saw. Does anyone have a picture or know where the heck this thing goes????

Thank

:chainsawguy:

Hey i have an 670 that i bought last year and it worked great! Up until this spring where i blew it up...crappy gas and oil. Anyway, i replaced the rings, piston, needle bearing and such and then broke it in today. I have one problem though....

On this echo there is an additional manual thumb chain oil button and i cant figure out where the hose goes. I wasn't lookin when i took the thing appart.:chainsawguy. The hose has this little plastic thing on the end that the oil comes out. Right now it is outside of where the chain is and when i hit the botton oil just squirts all over the side of the saw. Does anyone have a picture or know where the heck this thing goes????

Thank

:chainsawguy:

Let me look. It seems I had a picture of this for someone else with the same problem. If not, I'll get one for you.

Here's what I have. That's the line from the manual oiler you see. Not the greatest pics but they might help. Let me know.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Awesome thanks guys!!!

Now for another problem that just happened...

I broke it in right or thought i did, went out to cut for a bit and the thing dies when i WOT. I have to play with it to get it to reach top RPMS and then when i try to cut it has no power....Any ideas what i should do?

Thanks a lot.

If it is trying to die at high throttle, and you are forcing it to rev anyway, you are dancing with disaster. It sounds to me like you either have an air leak, or fuel delivery issues. You need to figure out what is going on before you run it again, or you'll probably toast your new top end again.

Did you clean the cylinder up with muratic acid before you put the new piston in? If not, you have already scored it, and it is low on compression again.

FML....

I honed it and then cleaned it with gas...You think i need to tear it down again? or should i check other stuff first?

Thanks

FML....

I honed it and then cleaned it with gas...You think i need to tear it down again? or should i check other stuff first?

Thanks

Did you treat it with muratic acid and remove all of the aluminum transfer? Honing does not remove the transfer, which is what will foul the new piston, and stick the rings. How long did you run that hone in there? You may have eaten through the chrome. You only want to hone it for about 10 sec, once the aluminum transfer is off. Pull the muffler and have a look at the piston.

Latest posts

Back