$$$ Firewood Cost

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kennygee

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I went to my local Lowes this morning and noticed they had firewood for sale:jawdrop: :jawdrop: at $3.97 per .75cuft. If I did my math right with tax that comes to $733.43 a full cord:jawdrop: :jawdrop: I sure am glad it doesn't get that cold here and I don't use wood to heat my house. I do use it when we go to our "camping" spot,but I started a decent stack last weekend. Any body else see prices like this?

Kinda related, but I see Walmart in our area now sells "All Natural Firewood" and it's $6.00 for a box with 3 or 4 pieces in it. I wish I had some empty boxes, I'd retire. It's kiln dried though and I don't have anything that fancy.

That is just crazy! I get mine for $75 a cord and I am also going to be chopping my own for next year....Free wood is the best wood :chainsaw:

FWIW, they don't market those little bundles to the guy that burns wood for heat. More designed for the occasional fireplace,, romantic, ambience sorta thing

If you do burn wood for heat and are stupid enough to buy it that way then you deserve to pay those prices.

FWIW, they don't market those little bundles to the guy that burns wood for heat. More designed for the occasional fireplace,, romantic, ambience sorta thing

If you do burn wood for heat and are stupid enough to buy it that way then you deserve to pay those prices.
Probably the same folks that run through McDonalds with a maxxed out credit card trying buy a "Happy Meal".

Yep Kroger grocery stores around here sell 2 cubic feet for 10.99.:jawdrop: :jawdrop: If my math is right that's 703.36 per cord and than add 8.25 percent tax and that comes to 761.71per cord.
I think I'll have another beer:dizzy: :dizzy: .:givebeer: :givebeer:
Hey hope everyone has a great weekend. Weather here should be awesome lows lower 40's highs lower 60s. Just the way I like it.

Dudes & Dudettes in condos & townhouses that are having friends over for dinner/drinks and want the ambience of a crackling fireplace to go with
their hot toddies:monkey:

You got it. The same dudes and dudettes go camping in the Summer and want a nice fire to go with their cold beers. Around here they pay as much as 7.99 for a 1 cubic foot bag of firewood. They don't care if it's a little hard to get going and smokes a bit - makes it more of an adventure. Its not like they are buying a whole cord to heat their house .

Not that I am a Dud(ette)

Dudes & Dudettes in condos & townhouses that are having friends over for dinner/drinks and want the ambience of a crackling fireplace to go with
their hot toddies:monkey:

But I've gotta say - I LOVE having a fire in the insert on a snowy day drinking a Tom&Jerry, listening to Christmas music, playing cards and shootin' the Shizzznit with my family... especially when the wood was split and hauled by my own two hands (and sometimes my wifes :) )

Sorry to get all drippy - it's been a VERY long week and the two manhattan's are warm in the belly.. :D

Latest posts

Back