Fs 250 Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It didn't bother me to buy from them, I got there almost at quitting time and that guy just happened to be there. For all I know he might work on the other stuff and not the stihl line, they do have other mechanics aswell. I being a mechanic my self will work on it when the time comes. They had it for 549 when every one else wanted full list price, even was given a free saw blade with it. I have used it some and can say I'm going to like it alot.

Glad to Hear you picked up that FS250 they're absolute ANIMALS. We have a ton of crews that run highway clearing on steep sides and that's the only thing they run out here. Clean Air Filter, Fresh Fuel, Spark Plug, and Fuel filter and you're set that's just about all they need.

FYI when removing the spark plug boot cover it's best to remove the entire cover with 4 screws. It'll give you a chance to blow the cooling fans out with compressed air and you wont rip the boot off the coil wire. I can't tell you how many coils i've replaced because they destroy the wires from the inmates they have using them.

here in Florida we also have DOT/DOC partnered Inmate labor crews

they use 250's, 350's, 450's, an yes i few crews I've seen have 550's

kinda shocking that The State of Florida DOT/DOC would trust an inmate with such dangerous weapons. (that's another topic)

Glad to Hear you picked up that FS250 they're absolute ANIMALS. We have a ton of crews that run highway clearing on steep sides and that's the only thing they run out here. Clean Air Filter, Fresh Fuel, Spark Plug, and Fuel filter and you're set that's just about all they need.

FYI when removing the spark plug boot cover it's best to remove the entire cover with 4 screws. It'll give you a chance to blow the cooling fans out with compressed air and you wont rip the boot off the coil wire. I can't tell you how many coils i've replaced because they destroy the wires from the inmates they have using them.

Last edited:
Wow how time flys by!! Had a job for my fs 250, weed eating a fence line that had small trees grow up in it. I stepped up to .130 line as the .095 was to light for the job. Basically my main objective was to get rid of the tall grass and weeds at the base of the trees, so i could cut them with my batt powered sawzall with a pruning blade. The job went faster than i thought it would. Both the 250 and the sawzall worked really well! Thanks to all that pointed me in the right direction on getting the 250. This is a great web site, with great people!

Long live the FS-250. I have an FS-250R.

I bought mine from a Cal-Ranch store. I did that only because I got a good deal on it. They don't have a "service dept." Only a back room where they prep O P E that has been sold. And, they don't know much about what they're selling either.

Latest posts

Back