Got a thumbs up today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was coming back from cutting today and was hauling a pretty good load. A pick up truck was hanging in the lane next to me just off my trailer for about a mile without passing. Eventually he passed and gave me a big thumbs up. Apparently he was looking at the truck & trailer.

2431bmr.jpg

25gxmdf.jpg

2dspuep.jpg

I like seeing fords doing work. He was probably a ford guy. Dodge guys just put those tow mirrors out and drive along with no trailer.

As a truck driver, what I really see of Dodges is the Big Truck wanna be's with the exhaust coming up through the bed into vertical stacks :laughing: What a waste of a usable pick up bed, ooops, sorry forgot I was talkin about Dodges ;) From what I have seen, the bed pipes are generally about 85% Dodge, 10% Fords and 5% Chevys. I have a truck to USE, not look at, and compensate with.

Doug

Hell, with all the trucks on the road, I want to go shake hands with anybody I see actually using their truck for work! My last truck purchase, the salesman kept going on about all the great technology. I had just come from helping at my buddy's sawmill. Probably looked like that kid from Charlie Brown with the dust cloud over me. I simply asked "Do I look like I give a s##t about WiFi?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I got the last year of simplified f150. Roll up windows and no power locks or tire pressure sensors. It's a real work truck 4.10 gears and an 8 foot bed. I think 2007 they made those tire sensors mandatory.
I do like the tire pressure sensors. One of the few advancements that actually serve a good purpose. No need for all the other gadgets.

I like seeing fords doing work. He was probably a ford guy. Dodge guys just put those tow mirrors out and drive along with no trailer.

As a truck driver, what I really see of Dodges is the Big Truck wanna be's with the exhaust coming up through the bed into vertical stacks wo What a waste of a usable pick up bed, ooops, sorry forgot I was talkin about Dodges ;) From what I have seen, the bed pipes are generally about 85% Dodge, 10% Fords and 5% Chevys. I have a truck to USE, not look at, and compensate with.

Doug

Hell, with all the trucks on the road, I want to go shake hands with anybody I see actually using their truck for work! My last truck purchase, the salesman kept going on about all the great technology. I had just come from helping at my buddy's sawmill. Probably looked like that kid from Charlie Brown with the dust cloud over me. I simply asked "Do I look like I give a s##t about WiFi?

This is a WORK TRUCK, I have no need for TVs in the dash, blue tooth crap. All I wanted were vinyl seats, rubber floors, 4.3 gears, 6.2 liter V8 and an 8' box. Pretty simple but a hard truck to find used and not beat to cr@p. I got this 2011 in Jan. with 50,400 miles from a salt free state.

I do like the tire pressure sensors. One of the few advancements that actually serve a good purpose. No need for all the other gadgets.

They are nice until they break and the light stays on or like the wifes old car would make a ding noise because the sensor was broke.

This is a WORK TRUCK, I have no need for TVs in the dash, blue tooth crap. All I wanted were vinyl seats, rubber floors, 4.3 gears, 6.2 liter V8 and an 8' box. Pretty simple but a hard truck to find used and not beat to cr@p. I got this 2011 in Jan. with 50,400 miles from a salt free state.
I've got one of them fancy trucks..'16 F350 4x4 CCLB diesel Lariat with everthing you can get on it. The transmission took a crap in my old C30 so the new truck got firewood duty this year , you should see peoples faces when use a fancy truck for work!

+1 I got my truck from a dealer it was sitting on the lot for a while and they were going to send it to auction because no one wanted a stripped down extended cab truck with an 8 foot bed and hd suspension. It had just under 90k on it. They traded me straight up for the little nissan truck I had at the time because that would be easier to sell.

View attachment 614344

'89 GMC, 4-doors, dually, 4WD, dump bed 8' long and 8' wide.
Doors don't close well, backup lights don't work, heater fan barely blows, etc.

Now THIS is a work truck!! :numberone:

BTW, this pic is when I was replacing the starter in a parking lot.
Man..I do like that truck.

I've had a couple just like it that I made into off road toys and beat them to bits.

When I go into a dealer truck shopping I feel like I must have some contagious disease when I tell them what kind of truck I want. It's almost impossible around me to find a stripped down regular cab truck anymore.

Back