How about the Partner S65?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is an old saw and even older basic design.

It was OK at its time, but doesn't compare well to later 65cc saws, like the 365/2165.

It has a long stroke and wasn't designed to be a high reving saw, but does provide good torque. I found you can use it with an 8 pin sprocket. They are fairly simple to work on.

It was OK at its time, but doesn't compare well to later 65cc saws, like the 365/2165.

The SawTroll is on his game, lets see if we can stump him, whats your op on the R440/R440T and whats the difference between the model designations Ive got a good running 440T w/serial #545157.
Thanks in advance!
Jim

The SawTroll is on his game, lets see if we can stump him, whats your op on the R440/R440T and whats the difference between the model designations Ive got a good running 440T w/serial #545157.
Thanks in advance!
Jim

Jim, Niko will gladly answer your questions, but you must first send him a Stihl 029 project saw :laugh:.

Thanks in advance!
Jim

They are early versions of what started as the R40 and ended with the P100Super + the Jonsered and McC versions of it.

The difference between the R440 and R440T is the Thyrister (or something like that) ignition. That was an early electhronic ignition. A funny part of that story is that Partner called the "T" versions underwater saws in a marketing stunt! :msp_laugh::msp_laugh:

sorry not trying to pull a Somali Pirate on ya,but if its any consolation a guy I work with has an s55 hes had since new and its outlasted 2 homeowner grade sthils

nailed it, have ya ever got to play w/one, I took a chance on a parts saw to get in the 100cc club but thats another story, and man do these things have some grunt

sorry not trying to pull a Somali Pirate on ya,but if its any consolation a guy I work with has an s55 hes had since new and its outlasted 2 homeowner grade sthils

Those Partners will last for a long time, they are pretty "bullet proof", and only slightly downrated from the pro versions of the time. The S65 came out in 1980, based on a late 1960s design though, so it is a bit dated by now.

Back