Husqvarna 562 XPG opinions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troverman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a new saw. Coming from an old Jonsered model 80 with the silver top. Still have it, probably always will. It's just heavy and only has a 16" bar.

I understand Jonsered is owned by Husqvarna now and a Jonsered is just a rebadged Husky.

Looking at the 562 XPG. It appears to be lighter than my saw, considerably more powerful, and can support a longer bar. I've read a few reviews...mostly positive. Living in a cold climate and cutting wood in the cold, I think the heated grip option is worth the money.

What do you guys think? Is the electronic 'autotune' totally reliable now?

I don't own the 562 but my newest saw is a Stihl 661 m-tronic. Basically Stihl's version of auto-tune. Great saw. Both manufacturers had issues in the beginning but I think it's all good now. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. Lots of guys really like the 562.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

New production saws will always have a few teething issues it doesn't matter which manufacturer it is but the 562xpg is a good saw and that comes from a devote stihl fan but a good dealer is a must as all saws go wrong from time to time and as far as im concerned autotune will be as good now as it gets. You'll enjoy using it over the jonsered

Thanks guys, more opinions are welcome. By the way, my old saw is a Jonsereds 621 not the more powerful 80. Got confused there for a second.

Thanks guys, more opinions are welcome. By the way, my old saw is a Jonsereds 621 not the more powerful 80. Got confused there for a second.

HAHA, I was gonna say, no way the 562 will out cut an old Jonsereds 80! It will very much outcut the 621 though, and always good to hear of a classic Jonny still in regular use. I have a couple 621's so I know how they compare, which is kind of no comparison.

Heated grips are not available on the 2260, so the 562G is the direstion to go there. Some coil and carb changes over the last 6 years, and these saws are now what they should have been from the get go.

HAHA, I was gonna say, no way the 562 will out cut an old Jonsereds 80! It will very much outcut the 621 though, and always good to hear of a classic Jonny still in regular use. I have a couple 621's so I know how they compare, which is kind of no comparison.

Heated grips are not available on the 2260, so the 562G is the direstion to go there. Some coil and carb changes over the last 6 years, and these saws are now what they should have been from the get go.

Back when we lived in northern MN, that old Jonsereds was what kept us warm through many brutally cold winters. We cleared the majority of an 80-acre lot with it over the years, and cut many a load of log-length firewood. That saw has cut a ton of firewood and has always been good and reliable. It still runs fine - not as light, powerful, or quick starting as the new ones, but it still gets occasional use and has a lot of sentimental value and will always remain in the family.

You need to buy it. Post a pictures and tell us how much you enjoy cutting with it. You will!

I have 3 Stihls & a Husky 562. I like them all! The 562 wears a 24in Tsumura bar (nearly 1/4lb lighter than the Husky 24in.). It balances perfectly with that combination & can be buried in Oak, Sugar Maple, Ash, Apple, & Black Cherry with no problem. It is 4yrs. old & had the "bog blues" with the original carb (EL46) & a replacement (also an EL46). When the EL48 came out & was put in my saw, it solved the problem, & it has been a winner ever since then.

The 562 is a really nice saw to run! Seeing where you live the heat issues myself and some other have had shouldn't be a problem, and a few mods will clear that up for the most part. IMHO a good dealer like Spike60 is a bit more important with the newer saws, it makes getting updates "if needed" easy and hassle free.

Forgot to mention yesterday that my 562 operates perfectly in cold weather. I have started & run it cold with the carb heat plug (the rubber plug in the firewall that allows engine heat to warm the carb when removed) in place &, or removed. This is in temps in the 10-40deg. range. I can't comment on the hot weather hot start issue that has been reported. 85+deg. is too hot for this old geezer to run a chainsaw.

I used one of these a few times this year. Wasn't mine, so I don't know what has been done to it and what the fuel mix is, but it sometimes had trouble starting. I had other people trying to use it often coming to me because they couldn't get it to work. Apparently they flood very easily. Personally, starting this thing cold sometimes took a little while, but I was really surprised when I found out how much power this thing has. With it being so light at the same time, I could see myself carrying one around all day. I prefer a bigger Husky, but those are heavy.

I used one of these a few times this year. Wasn't mine, so I don't know what has been done to it and what the fuel mix is, but it sometimes had trouble starting. I had other people trying to use it often coming to me because they couldn't get it to work. Apparently they flood very easily. Personally, starting this thing cold sometimes took a little while, but I was really surprised when I found out how much power this thing has. With it being so light at the same time, I could see myself carrying one around all day. I prefer a bigger Husky, but those are heavy.
The 562 simply isn't an easy starter in warm environments and it doesn't matter how you try and start them, I've ran a hand full of them now and they all acted the same. This is something I hope Husqvarna has fixed with the new 572, it is still an issue. QC needs to be thighter as well. None the less they are fun saws to run, feel great and are smooooth.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I have a 2260 and it NEVER has had a hot or cold start problem, it runs perfectly...

standard.jpg

I also have a 562 and although I've just started using it, it also starts/runs perfectly...

standard.jpg

If you want to see us cutting that load of BIG rounds, it's a little over half way down the page, at this link,

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/runnin-loads.286525/page-39

SR

The 562 simply isn't an easy starter in warm environments and it doesn't matter how you try and start them, I've ran a hand full of them now and they all acted the same. This is something I hope Husqvarna has fixed with the new 572, it is still an issue. QC needs to be thighter as well. None the less they are fun saws to run, feel great and are smooooth.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
I am on my 2nd 562 and have found it to be one of the easiest starting saws I have ever had. Much easier then the first 550 I owned, thats for sure.

Well, I did end up ordering one about a week or so ago...picked it up last Friday. It's a nice saw. I bought the minimum 3 quarts of Husky premium blended ethanol free fuel which automatically extends warranty. I was surprised to find out the homeowner Husky saws come with a scabbard but the XP (pro) saws do not. So I had to spend another $8 to get the chain cover.

The dealer had pre-run the saw and pre-cut...I guess to set AutoTune.

I started it later...I didn't think it started particularly fabulously (about 35F outside) but certainly no better than a standard-carb saw. It runs well as expected. I was also surprised at how heavy this saw is.

That said, the build quality appears to be exceptional and it cuts very well. I expect this saw to last me a very long time.
Thanks for all the advice.

Well, I did end up ordering one about a week or so ago...picked it up last Friday. It's a nice saw. I bought the minimum 3 quarts of Husky premium blended ethanol free fuel which automatically extends warranty. I was surprised to find out the homeowner Husky saws come with a scabbard but the XP (pro) saws do not. So I had to spend another $8 to get the chain cover.

The dealer had pre-run the saw and pre-cut...I guess to set AutoTune.

I started it later...I didn't think it started particularly fabulously (about 35F outside) but certainly no better than a standard-carb saw. It runs well as expected. I was also surprised at how heavy this saw is.

That said, the build quality appears to be exceptional and it cuts very well. I expect this saw to last me a very long time.
Thanks for all the advice.
give it some brake-in time, you will be happy with it I have had both the jonsered and the Husqvarna versions in multiple different years with no problems ...good luck...

Latest posts

Back