Huztl FarmerTec MS380, MS381, 038 Build Kit Start to Finish

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TS73, perfect! Thank you.
Beauty saw you have there. Running?
Any issues with your choke rod and choke lever contact?

Edit: after figuring that kill switch out it appears to me yours could slip into the switch housing deeper to the right. That would give solid support to the brass barrel on the wire.
Cheers

Yep the spring on the Air Filter is too weak and at Higher RPM's it flutters the choke flapper open and closed which causes the saw to run rich. So far all of my local Stihl dealers don't have an OEM filter/choke or spring to replace it (to old). So I'm trying to figure out a way to add another spring to hold the choke flapper open when not needed. After the saw is warmed up - I took the choke flapper piece out and the saw runs Great!

Yep the spring on the Air Filter is too weak and at Higher RPM's it flutters the choke flapper open and closed which causes the saw to run rich. So far all of my local Stihl dealers don't have an OEM filter/choke or spring to replace it (to old). So I'm trying to figure out a way to add another spring to hold the choke flapper open when not needed. After the saw is warmed up - I took the choke flapper piece out and the saw runs Great!

I had the same issue. I took the choke flap out and removed material from the back side with a dremel to allow the flap to open further. That seems to work for me - but granted, I haven't run the saw a bunch yet.

All together now
Usedan one carb base gasket to allow choke lever to actuate the choke flapper.
Pressure test revealed a base gasket leak. Sanded cylinder base on glass surface in a crosshai ch to clean it up
Added some gasket maker and no leaks pressure or vacuum.
Squirt or two of gas filter off she starts. Tweaked carb screws and now starts easy and runs nice.
Mounted a 20" Toolstorm bar and chain. Might get to give it some wood tomorrow.
Will watch for the choke flutter. Mine does not do that so far.
Cheers

Steve, I suppose first pick the size you want then decide if you wish to take the leap. IMO this 72cc MS380 would be a good choice and for increased reliability replacement e main bearings of better quality. Maybe wrist pin bearing as well. BUT the kit bearings might last quite a while. I am pleased with the kit I received and see little wrong with the way it runs.

Thanks for the info, now that's the kind of information I want to hear. Saw building isn't that hard, I mess with building old Poulans, last was a full rebuild on a 5200, 85cc's of reed valve grunt. Figured I might try something smaller, around 65cc's or 70.

Steve

Imo the MS380 is a very classy saw whereas a Husky 372 is more vanilla icecream. Boring but functional lol
That said if i can seing it a Huztl 372 be finding a home at my shop haha

Back