Huztl FarmerTec MS380, MS381, 038 Build Kit Start to Finish

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks carb related. Likely nuts to hold carb on posts, the piece that surrounds the boot and the thin one goes in the boots throat. The other pac to the right looks like parts for a chain adjuster. Sometimes stuff is extra. Nice job

Looks carb related. Likely nuts to hold carb on posts, the piece that surrounds the boot and the thin one goes in the boots throat. The other pac to the right looks like parts for a chain adjuster. Sometimes stuff is extra. Nice job
I'll have to go look at your tear down videos again. I thought since the filter screws down to the carb studs I didn't need the independent nuts on the carb

I was just telling you what they appeared to be. Often a spare/extra something wound up in the kits. I would look back @ video I was careful about placement. The filter is important because the choke is located in it and you don't want it twisting. I just looked at the ipl and nuts are shown.

I was just telling you what they appeared to be. Often a spare/extra something wound up in the kits. I would look back @ video I was careful about placement. The filter is important because the choke is located in it and you don't want it twisting. I just looked at the ipl and nuts are shown.
10-4 , checked the ipl also this morning and did see the nuts there

finally decided to get it running after work today. I have the full throttle flutter im assuming is the air filter choke flap. Not alot of genuine options on the market any more since its discontinued (via stihl) so ill have to try to remove some material from the filter flap that i have

Let it idle for about 5 minutes overall very happy with it.

carb settings
Also not sure about your carb adjustments but i started with 1 turn out on each and that didnt get the job done. After a little tinkering im probably closer to 1/2 turn on the screw if not a little less. didnt know if you guys were seeing the same thing.

finally decided to get it running after work today. I have the full throttle flutter im assuming is the air filter choke flap. Not alot of genuine options on the market any more since its discontinued (via stihl) so ill have to try to remove some material from the filter flap that i have

carb settings
Also not sure about your carb adjustments but i started with 1 turn out on each and that didnt get the job done. After a little tinkering im probably closer to 1/2 turn on the screw if not a little less. didnt know if you guys were seeing the same thing.
Yes my 880 is like this. I put a brand new wg 13 on it and I am about 3/4 out on the h screw at 10,000 to 10,500 it should be set at 11,500 but I don’t want to crank it down anymore. I have been testing it out and plan to cut the rest of my test logs up this weekend to split and get out of the way. Maybe do more adjusting.

carb settings
The carb settings can vary. You don't say what carb you have. I think you can get a OEM carb. On the filter think eBay global. Look in Australia and new Zealand, maybe Germany and you can find a real air filter. Just buy a couple to do a while.

1.5 turns sounds reasonable

The carb settings can vary. You don't say what carb you have. I think you can get a OEM carb. On the filter think eBay global. Look in Australia and new Zealand, maybe Germany and you can find a real air filter. Just buy a couple to do a while.

1.5 turns sounds reasonable
Carb is farmtech kit carb
i wish it was 1.5 turns but .5 turn is what its set at.. very low but it runs so im not sure i can complain. ill need to adjust the high when i get a replacement filter

Yes I replaced my filter got only 500 rpms more
im just trying to get a consistent rpm as a baseline. the fluttering really keeps me from dialing in the H needle. I do know that this saw design is a lower reviing saw and my base gasket delete didnt do it any favors

im just trying to get a consistent rpm as a baseline. the fluttering really keeps me from dialing in the H needle. I do know that this saw design is a lower reviing saw and my base gasket delete didnt do it any favors
I didn’t do any mods I am like you just trying to figure out if it is safe to run . It sounds good and runs good it’s just not at 1 turn out like what you said.

Guys run it at 32:1 and work on getting a better filter. It's a crappy filter but you might try just replacing the spring if you don't like hunting for the filter. I just asked google for 1119-124-3000 labeled torsion spring on the ipl. I got a German site. <4$

Filters could show up as
1119-120-1621, 1617, 1618

The shutter is1119-120-2900
Carb 1119-120-0605

The screws and the spring are adjustment. I wondered if after you got it started if you had placed a magnet on the flap back and pulled it out of the way. That of course would never work. It's a weak point for sure.

took the farmtech filter off and decided to wrap the spring around again to see if i can put more tension on it. It works no flutter !
Saw does scream now (will need to richen it up but its getting dark and i dont want to piss the neighbors off too much) I dont have a tach so i wont know how fast its turning but i guess it doesnt matter that much.
PXL_20210630_003641414.MP.jpg

finding a few issues here and there. the gas and oil caps that were supplied with the kit seep liquid through the 2 piece design. ill be looking for OEM style ones asap but i thought i would give everyone a heads up.

Both caps were cleaned and i just stood there and watch them seep in real time. PXL_20210703_181538543.MP.jpgPXL_20210703_181543933.MP.jpgPXL_20210703_181846363.MP.jpg

Back