Huztl FarmerTec MS380, MS381, 038 Build Kit Start to Finish

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L34
That is a nice fix.
Do you prime it on every start with out the choke?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Anyone with the pre built g388?
Is it more like the old 038 or like the ms380.
I know a guy that has ran that style for 30yrs and he want a new one.
038m
44b0d7ee24ca7ca43b379ad5f557e625.jpg

Dang. Theirs a few parts that can’t be obtained easily over here for the 380.
One is the airfilter I think.

Okay my 380 runs good but when I start to put it up it leaks fuel down onto the handle I checked the vent the vents good gas is coming out of the carburetor between the air filter and the carburetor one of my local still guys told me to check something inside the carburetor is this something I can fix or is it time to get a new carb

Okay my 380 runs good but when I start to put it up it leaks fuel down onto the handle I checked the vent the vents good gas is coming out of the carburetor between the air filter and the carburetor one of my local still guys told me to check something inside the carburetor is this something I can fix or is it time to get a new carb
Ridge I'm not clear how you're handling this but I've got a question did you pressure test the fuel tank and do a vacuum test?

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

Did a pressure test on the tank it was good
Took out the vent to inspect it did vacuum test on the vent it was good
Don't know if you remember for my earlier post but I originally thought I had a bad tank on this 380
After receiving some testing tools was able to go in there and find out gas was leaking from the carburetor
When I turn the saw off remove the air filter and let it sit you can see gas start to puddle up inside the carburetor

Did a pressure test on the tank it was good
Took out the vent to inspect it did vacuum test on the vent it was good
Don't know if you remember for my earlier post but I originally thought I had a bad tank on this 380
After receiving some testing tools was able to go in there and find out gas was leaking from the carburetor
When I turn the saw off remove the air filter and let it sit you can see gas start to puddle up inside the carburetor
I know you think you did a vacuum test but you need to do the test while it's in place not while it's removed for various reasons.

Test that and see if there is a difference.

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

Put your pressure gun on the carb nipple and see if it’ll hold any pressure. Sounds like your needle maybe leaking

It should let vacuum in and no pressure out. It could build up several pounds of pressure sitting in the sun.

Put pressure to the nipple of the carburetor it will not build up any pressure if the needle is stuck open is that something I can open up the carburetor and remedy

Put pressure to the nipple of the carburetor it will not build up any pressure if the needle is stuck open is that something I can open up the carburetor and remedy

It’s not sealing. Take the cover off and needle out. Hopefully somethings just hung under it.

It should let vacuum in and no pressure out. It could build up several pounds of pressure sitting in the sun.
Good thought I had been cutting some wood
It was about 30 degrees that day 6 almost dark I was not in the Sun
I also release the cap a couple of times because I thought it may have been building up pressure
decided to take the cover off and filter off and check the makeshift gasket that I made because the filter does not fit tightly to the carb I do have another filter on order as I was sitting there I noticed gas was leaking from the carb opening I tipped up the sawto let the gas out and watched again as gas started to puddle in carb

Okay I disassembled the carb didn't find anything under the PIN but I did find a pinhole in front of the throat plate
Not sure if that's supposed to be there for some reason0126192023_Film1.jpg

Is it normal for the throat plate to be out of round and maybe that's holding the throttle open

Latest posts

Back