Is the MS460 not sold anymore?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's the delimber that weighs 80 thousand pounds? You sure about that?

In another thread you were talking about an 80 grand stroker. Is this the same one? Have you actually weighed it?

Help us out here...you say you own a logging company but you obviously have no idea what your machinery weighs?

Tear that thing all down, there may be more usable parts than you think. At least you'll know then...

The cylinder smushed and broken off along with the rod, piston is smushed. Crank is broken, crankcase in several pieces and bent/twisted.

There's probably a few parts that could be reused, but it serves just fine to sit up there and garner attention from customers. I have a few much better shape parts saws in the back to rob parts from!

The delimber belongs to Carl, my buddy and the owner of the saw shop, Mat Valley Milling, which is where I also run my company from. We share resources.

I was the one that ran it over my saw though. It was dark and I had delimbed a pile of logs and was using it to load them in my C30 dumptruck (talk about using a sledgehammer to put in finish nails btw... need a real fine touch on the controls to not destruct the truck!). I had used the 460 to cut a couple forks I couldn't get with the delimber and I set it 3-4 ft from my truck. I went to park the delimber over on the landing with the other equipment and I drove near my truck, not even thinking about the saw. It was on the right side of the machine, which is pretty much a full blind spot. I was watching out for the truck too and didn't look at the pitch black ground.
Swung the delimber house around facing where the truck was a few hundred feet away to shut it down and the lights lit up the saw, which looked like it was sitting upside down. I had the same feeling you get when a cop hauls you over when I saw that cause I was pretty sure I wasn't going to like what there.

As far as weight, that is what Carl says it weighs. He is the one that hauls it or has it hauled/gets the permits so I have no reason to doubt it. Didn't I explain this in the other thread?
The book for the 220 excavator (the frame it uses) says 52,890-54,120lbs. Now the book is for the excavator, not with it being a delimber or any of the crapload of extra stuff it has being a delimber has.

Well considering that Vallleyfirewood was poasting about how he stole that 460 in another thread... No big loss.

http://i.imgur.com/9ydvjpq.png
wow. my summation of his character just solidified... stealing another mans saw and then bragging about it. "World Class" right there.:wtf:

The cylinder smushed and broken off along with the rod, piston is smushed. Crank is broken, crankcase in several pieces and bent/twisted.

There's probably a few parts that could be reused, but it serves just fine to sit up there and garner attention from customers. I have a few much better shape parts saws in the back to rob parts from!

At least salvage the fill caps.

OK now I am confused. Do you own two 046s, the ported one you bought and the other one that was left by the firewood thieves and you kept? Must be huh? So which one was run over? Side by side pics would help me understand even better?

Did the new $140 handle/tank survive? The spikes are a little tweaked, but nothing you can't straighten, the elatostart is ok...let's see, heck it's not that bad...I say fix it!

No, both the gas tank and bar oil tank are broken, the rear handle is broke at several mounts and at the handle. The Elastostart hasn't been good for a while, cord broke.

OK now I am confused. Do you own two 046s, the ported one you bought and the other one that was left by the firewood thieves and you kept? Must be huh? So which one was run over? Side by side pics would help me understand even better?
I wouldn't hold your breath for an explanation. After he poasted about stealing a saw (while complaining about thieves) I offered to go ahead and post a found listing on CL in Alaska. He then deleted the thread. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get more screenshots.

So Dex, since you have one of each from the same builder, how do you compare/contrast the 460/461.

The ported 461s I've run at GTG's seem similar to my ported 046, but it is always difficult to judge with different bars & chains.

I've heard the 461 will have more torque, and the 460 possible a little more speed. Your thoughts???

I have yet to put them in big wood, but in a 15" Diameter log, they are about equal. The edge goes to the 460.

The Iowa GTG is in a few weeks. I will have a better idea on what the difference is in bigger wood.

If two saws are so close together in cutting performance that it's difficult to tell which is stronger, then, I say it doesn't matter.

When I'm cutting wood, if the 028 or 031 aren't up to it, then I grab the ported 046. If I need more, then the Husky 1100 gets the pick.

I guess what I'm saying is, if I want more saw, I grab a BIGGER one.

Latest posts

Back