Leaf blower, lot more useful than just blowing leafs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get up on the roof and use mine to clean out the gutters.

Also if the wife asks me to vacuum and dust the house I get it done in a hurry. I might need a backpack blower to tackle the playroom full of toys though.

I've seen a video of a guy using a blower to start a small turbine engine.

That's it !!!
I need one too now. I've been stalling on buying one long enough. I just can't make my mind up if I need a backpack or a handheld...grrrrr

Hey Belgian! You can use it to dry off your bike after a long training ride in all that cold rain you get in northern Europe. I use mine to blow the cobwebs off my bikes since I am not riding very much these days.

That's it !!!
I need one too now. I've been stalling on buying one long enough. I just can't make my mind up if I need a backpack or a handheld...grrrrr

HANDHELD ??????

YOU WANT A BLOWER OR A TOY ?????

REDMAX EBZ-8000,,, now thats a blower !!!!!!! works as a blacktop and sod remover,, if your not careful !!!!

in untrained hands,, the results could be dire !! LOL

Hey Belgian! You can use it to dry off your bike after a long training ride in all that cold rain you get in northern Europe. I use mine to blow the cobwebs off my bikes since I am not riding very much these days.

Odd that you mention this Koga, I did intend to use it for that too. Right now, after a muddy ride with the mountainbike, I always wash the bike and blow off the bike with compressed air. Yes, Belgian takes care of his equipment, sure does, :hmm3grin2orange:
thanks for reensuring me.:cheers:

HANDHELD ??????

REDMAX EBZ-8000,,, now thats a blower !!!!!!! works as a blacktop and sod remover,, if your not careful !!!!

Redmax is very uncommon here... I was thinking of a stihl bg85, but have never operated one, so can't judge its performance. The advantage I see of a good handheld is the ease of use for small jobs. A backpack is OK for big surfaces, but could be overkill for small jobs, which is my main use.
I woudl like to use it for :

blowing leafs in the garden and driveway
drying the bike and car
clean out the garage

and lifting miniskirt of the neighbours daughter :spam:

whatcha think I should buy

HANDHELD ??????

Those EBZ-8001's are EASILY the most powerful blower ive ever used.
Heavy bastards but they do the work of a rollerblower.

I was blowing leaves in the snow 3x this year, the last time there was sufficient ice to use the blower as a propulsion unit. No joke, I weigh 210-215 lbs and if I got a running start and slid on ice the blower would keep me moving. With ice skates, a skateboard, rollerblades.. it WILL move you.
Gives me crazy ideas for snowboarding & skiing

Also makes for a crazy/dangerous ballerina spin as well intentional or not & definitely alters your balance noticeably while operating.

And yes blowing leaves bores me , with ADD you keep yourself entertained.

I never considered the , eh, defoliant projector application.

ive seen somone make a flamethrower out of pvc on youtube with good results, hm.

Also melted copper with one when I was a kid hahahah

But definitely, the EBZ 8001 will blow the mulch out of beds, & the dirt out of root systems. Go about leaf collection the polish way and blow the leaves right out of the tree.

Most of us dont need 80cc saws, let alone blowers. But ill say this if you have a need that is a mean machine. The br600 doesnt seem quite as powerful but is more comfortable and lighter.

But for those who run a backpack and handheld at the same time, its awesome.

... I was thinking of a stihl bg85, but have never operated one, so can't judge its performance...

whatcha think I should buy

I would go for the BG55 and save $100 over the BG85. The 55 as almost the same air velocity and volume, it just doesn't have the "cruise control" feature, which is not that useful anyways.

For the skirt you need short, controlled blasts with blipping the throttle.

BG85 works great getting the charcoal grill kicking. :givebeer:

Also turns an ordinary dip in the pool into a relaxing spa-like experience (once ya get past the howling motor and the two-stroke fumes)

Not as effective as a chainsaw to wake up lazy children, but will work in a pinch if the saw isn't handy.

Last edited:

whatcha think I should buy[/QUOTE]

My daughter,a body guard is my recommendation, forget attourney's
we will cut ya for that around here :laugh:

Stuck up my shirt on a hot sweaty day....they are bliss.

They are also very helpful in unblocking chipper chutes, and with a drink bottle they are great at wetting any kids down when they are stupid enough to squirt me with a watergun.

the husky backpacks are all redmaxx now.

i don't know about the hand helds.they look like it.

i bought the BT170 backpack last year.they have a bigger one out now but i can't imagine having any more power than i have.this thing blows small sticks and twigs,leaves,gravel,pine needles and pine cones like nothing.it even pulls the thatch out of my lawn.

i had a billygoat 8 hp and i sold it after i got this back pack blower.seems much easier to use and almost as powerful.

i wouldn't mind having the Bufffalo Turbine for the 3 pt on the tractor though.

I only have to worry about my carport. And put the hose or hard extension on the exhaust port of my shop vac. I use tape to hold the ball down if I need to. Take the bottom off and tie a loop in the cord and over the shoulder and good to go. Believe it or not it has enough to clean or push just about any thing on the floor that needs to go out.

Back