lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hesitant to post this picture, 'cause I know you all will be jealous. It's tough having the coolest bike on the forum! :greenchainsaw:

hs_mini_cycle.jpg

It looks beat up, but yes it counts. I went to start mine and found out its got a bad conrod, so it looks like ebay for this bike. besides, me and a liter bike= big trouble. gonna sell it and use the funds to buy a substantially smaller bike, a ninja 250 would do just fine for me.

Thats a 77' cr125. Its in boxes now waiting for blasting and paint. I have a rebuilt motor for it when I'm ready.

I'll get some pics of the other bikes this weekend maybe.

tom

The SV650 race class was very popular down these ways, you could lease a new one off suzuki for very little. I raced F3 for a couple years on RGV250's (2st V twin) and had a ball.
The GS450 made me laugh, we had one we called the Easy. The RGV's would put down 50 second laps at the local track while the Easy would do a a fraction better than the white diesel van we used to transport our bikes. indestructable and always fun to ride.

I really enjoy racing the SV. I'm not particularly good at it or fast, but it's a hoot nonetheless. Call the 450 the "Orange Menace", as it brings the worst out in me when I get stopped in Atlanta traffic. Light, quick enough, agile and barely wider than a bicycle it will fit just about anywhere. 60mpg is nice, too.

Here's the bike I restored for my kids. 1974 Honda Elsinore MR50. A couple of my buddies had these when we were kids. Gotta love them old two strokes.

hillbilly,
My brother and I got a red Honda Z50 when I was 6. We rode that thing all over North Idaho, then when I was about 10 we got a Kawasaki KD100M. For my 16th birthday I got a Suzuki TC 125. My dad geared it down and put a huge sprocket on it for trailriding. It had a jake brake for the more serious hills. I have never seen another motorcycle with a compression brake, but I guess they used to be common for trailbikes. The attached pics are not mine, just to give examples of what the bikes looked like.

rb,
I started my two wheeled career on a Z50, also. Mine was a 1970 model and it was 1975. I had a 1974 Kawasaki 90 MC1M and that was one sweet machine.

I can't get two wheeled bikes out of my mind. I'm wanting a dirt bike right now, but will stick with atv's for now.

Your Kawaskai 90 appears to be similiar to the Kawasaki 100 I had. That was a fun bike. What a step up from the Z50, huh?

rb,
I actually went to a CT70 from the Z50. Then on to a 1976 CB125 street bike. Went back to off road with the Kawasaki 90. Although, I think the Kawasaki was my favorite bike from my youth. I used to drive my Yamaha and Honda 100 buddies nuts passing them on that 90.

That is a flat out great lookin bike, though I'm not a Harley guy. My ZX is about to be on the road soon. just gotta take care of the registration on it, a new helmet, and my motorcycle endorsment. better safe than dead right?

Back