lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No pics (didn't want any incriminating evidence), but I had a '89 GSX1100 in '93 when I was 17.....

Sold it for 2 reasons: 1.) Help pay for college. :angry2: 2.) Scared the $hi# out of myself one afternoon at 163 mph. :eek:

Had a few dirtbikes since then, but I still want a rice-rocket back....:help:

Andy

Heres my new rice rocket.

its been dropped once, but for $800, and a little minor cleanup/tuneup work, who's complaining? the bike regularly sells for around $1500-3k or so in good shape.

attachment.php

Here are my two project bikes. 2 1967, 305 Hondas. No big hurry just having fun puttering with them.

Lawn Masters said:
Heres my new rice rocket.

its been dropped once, but for $800, and a little minor cleanup/tuneup work, who's complaining? the bike regularly sells for around $1500-3k or so in good shape.

attachment.php

I had one of those, but it was a 1988. I can't beleive they still make them, and they're still almost exactly the same as mine.

It was great fun and had enough power to make cross country trips, no problem.

That bike looks like something crazy. frontend really reminds me of a Buell XB12 with those headlights. cant wait to turn my 500 into a stuntbike though, then I plan on a CBR600 or an R6 to use for street use.

Blunt...

I built this years ago, it is now the wifes bike...

lauras.jpg

I ride a Shovel that I did up 2 winters ago...

sideshot.jpg

Last edited:
Honda's

It only took me 6 months to get back to this thread and post some pics. And the wife says I never finish nothin....go figure?

gumneck said:
It only took me 6 months to get back to this thread and post some pics. And the wife says I never finish nothin....go figure?

Some nice looking Hondas there. What year is that CR? I remember when CRs had metal tanks. Actually I never had a bike with a plastic tank.

rb_in_va said:
Some nice looking Hondas there. What year is that CR? I remember when CRs had metal tanks. Actually I never had a bike with a plastic tank.

Tks Rb,

1978 cr 250
1985 xl 600
1974 xr75

1977 cr 125 is in boxes on the right side of garage. Future project that I'll probably never get to. But I'm not giving up yet.

gumneck said:
Tks Rb,

1978 cr 250
1985 xl 600
1974 xr75

1977 cr 125 is in boxes on the right side of garage. Future project that I'll probably never get to. But I'm not giving up yet.

Sweet! Need a riding buddy?!?:hmm3grin2orange:

gumneck,
I have some friends that set up a dirt bike track in their back yard. The neighbors don't like it much though. They live in a residential section.

Most of my riding is done on a grape farm in the attached in NC. I'm not a mx'er, just a guy that likes to rip one every now and then.:laugh:

I dont have the xl licensed for the street. That just mainly gets ridden around the yard with my kids. They used to like the cr250 until I got the xl. The 250 is a little rough on their ears.

I dont ride em hard. I dont ride em in the mud. I like to ride em on some dirt roads and every once in a while pop a wheely. That's as wild as I get, so maybe that keeps them clean and lookin good.

Tks
Tom

gumneck said:
Most of my riding is done on a grape farm in the attached in NC. I'm not a mx'er, just a guy that likes to rip one every now and then.:laugh:

I dont have the xl licensed for the street. That just mainly gets ridden around the yard with my kids. They used to like the cr250 until I got the xl. The 250 is a little rough on their ears.

I dont ride em hard. I dont ride em in the mud. I like to ride em on some dirt roads and every once in a while pop a wheely. That's as wild as I get, so maybe that keeps them clean and lookin good.

Sounds like fun. I would like to get an old mx bike myself. My dad had an opportunity to get my brother and I twin 1979 RM 125s when we were young. That would have been sweet!

rb_in_va said:
Sounds like fun. I would like to get an old mx bike myself. My dad had an opportunity to get my brother and I twin 1979 RM 125s when we were young. That would have been sweet!

Yes indeed. My passion for old MX's stems from my youth and what I didn't have(which was a working bike). So I just took the bull by the horns when I found the opportunity bought myself some youth back.

gumneck said:
Yes indeed. My passion for old MX's stems from my youth and what I didn't have(which was a working bike). So I just took the bull by the horns when I found the opportunity bought myself some youth back.

Well, I had a working bike. It was a Suzuki TS 125, an enduro bike sort of like an XL. My brother had a 74 Yamaha DT 125 that never, and I mean never ran. My Suzuki never let me down though. Good little bike, and it had a compression brake which was very useful. The bike is still at my parent's house in Montana. Should turn it into a go-kart.

Back