• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

The Moody 362 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weight means nothing to me im young and strong. I got to run a 362 C-M and it handles nothing like a 562. Not saying the 362 is a bad saw but its just not like a 562

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never knocked the 562, but the 362 C-M does everything I hoped it would do. I do far more bucking than topping, so cutting speed and compatibility are more important to me than they may be to you. It is OK that we like different saws, we may cut different stuff. IMHO, they are both great saws, and the 60 cc size (with Auto Tune or M-Tronic) is rapidly replacing the 70 cc saws as "Best all around". That is my opinion, yours may differ (and I am happy to hear yours, we are on this site to learn).

I've heard some people say my previous saw, a Homelite 330, was extremely well balanced and handled excellent. To tell you the truth, it never did anything for me. I put the 044 to the wood once and never used the 330 again. That said, I will not put down others with different opinions.

I would like to see the 562 and 362 on the scales, and cutting side by side, because assertions I have made about the 362 C-M have been questioned, and I'd like to put all the nonsense to rest.

Like you referring to the 362 as a pig, when the weight difference between it and the 362 is likely minuscule.

Ok Mike i will say this you have a very nice saw after i ran one i saw that the 362 C-M really is a nice saw but IMO i prefer the 562. Lets move on. I never referred to it as a pig and i don't even care if its lighter the 562 just handles better to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a brand new 20" loop of Oregon 72CL square thinking I'd be the chiznit at the woodpile.
Needless to say its friggen JUNK outta the box. I make 1/2 cut in 14" maple before I resorted to filing it round.
Use a good hand filed chain in all tests whether its round or square.
Off the roll chain is garbage.
Stihl RSL is garbage??? Off the roll is amazing.

The wood makes all the difference, and that saw does not sound broken in yet. Don't know if I've cut Hackberry, but Shag Bark Hickory and Dead Dry White Oak both slow my saws down. My 362 bogged like that before it was broken in. How many tanks you got through it?

That's understandable. Both of those species weigh more than 50lbs/cu ft & are in the high rating category for BTUs.

The wood makes all the difference, and that saw does not sound broken in yet. Don't know if I've cut Hackberry, but Shag Bark Hickory and Dead Dry White Oak both slow my saws down. My 362 bogged like that before it was broken in. How many tanks you got through it?

Two tanks through it. I would like to have more but time constraints will limit the amount of break in time. I'll get a couple more tanks through it in the morning. Then I'll post a muffler mod video. Hackberry doesn't clear chips real fast and is very gummy when green. I will say that a muffler mod on these makes a noticeable difference. More so in throttle response.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm working on getting the weight thing ironed out.

On the 362cm I noticed that it wasn't clearing noodles well. It has a rib on the clutch cover that catches a lot of noodles and chips. Not a big problem just something that I noticed.

I hear the Web Site weight for the 562 is a little optimistic and that the real weight difference is minimal. Would love to see you put them both on the scale. I mostly cut bigger wood in steep areas, so overall weight and cutting speed are what are important to me. I also like the simple starting procedure, and know others may have different needs, which is fine.
I decided to weigh my 562: 18" bar, 68 DL 3/8 .050 H47 full chisel chain, full fuel, full oil.== 17lbs.14oz.(husq. factory bar). It feels lighter than that, but that's what it weighs. About the same as my 028 super which feels a little chunky. OMG does that husky cut!

Apple wood chips jammed me up once, but it only happened once and I chalked it up to a loose chain. Tightened the chain and did not have any further problems in the same wood. Looking forward to the muffler mods, etc.

I decided to weigh my 562: 18" bar, 68 DL 3/8 .050 H47 full chisel chain, full fuel, full oil.== 17lbs.14oz.(husq. factory bar). It feels lighter than that, but that's what it weighs. About the same as my 028 super which feels a little chunky. OMG does that husky cut!

I'm going to weigh both the 562 and the 362 as they come from a dealer. Bar and chain and full fluids. I'll run them dry and get all the bar oil I can out. Then I'll weigh them empty ph only w/o clutch covers.

Here's a peak into the muffler mod.

The existing outlet was modified. As well as a second port was added. I made two 25mm holes. Total outlet area is 110% of the exhaust flange.
gy9a9yma.jpg

Back