Mastermind Meets The Stihl 088

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this going to be done by sunday?

It'll be done today Sir.

I likey like the idear of this.
You wont find an easyer muff to modd.:)

True......very true.

Sure have missed these threads Randy! :rock:

I've got several more in the wings Steven.

Weird azz indicator.........

Evidently. I haven't seen any other with quite this much reach. :bowdown:

Before and after vids right??

:msp_biggrin:

Nope. I never started it.

I don't have any wood big enough to do it justice.

Originally Posted by Adirondackstihl

Go ahead and do the after video of the build who care how big the wood is everyone's wanting to see it run

Originally Posted by Adirondackstihl

Go ahead and do the after video of the build who care how big the wood is everyone's wanting to see it run

I'll take it with me when we go cut. Videos will be made of course. I just don't have any before video.

Stickers.......I gotta send you stickers. Getting them now before I forget again.

I'll come get it and put it in some wood that is deserving of a 088:msp_sneaky:

Looks good Randy. Maybe I can get down your way when it stops raining and flooding.

I'll come get it and put it in some wood that is deserving of a 088:msp_sneaky:

Looks good Randy. Maybe I can get down your way when it stops raining and flooding.

Is it ever gonna stop? :msp_thumbdn:

I don't know if it is or not. The schools are closed up here.

I don't know if it is or not. The schools are closed up here.

Ours were an hour late. It rained so hard last night it woke me up......no easy feat.

The place we are cutting next is in a low spot and may not be dry enough to work in for a week. :(

bummer on the weather ,guess if your stuck inside will get cought up on the builds ,ill send some of this rare west coast sunshine your way

Randy.......What sort of problems have you had with a squish in the 24/25thounsandth range, and a 60mm piston?

i hope you do better on this 088 than you did on my ms880 (mastermind meets the ms880 thread, i don't know how to link it) ..

for those of you who don't know, last june or so i sent my 880 to randy so he could put one of those stickers on it..
wewll, somehow the wires got crossed, and he ended up tearing my saw all apart, ground a buncha metal outa it, made it loud, then he sent it back to me,.....without a damn sticker on it ????
that was the whole reason i sent it to him in the 1st place !!

i guess the only good thing is that the saw is actually lighter now than it was when i sent it !!

no, i did'nt forget about the mill randy.

Randy,

Did you get any initial and post work compression numbers?

Paul

i hope you do better on this 088 than you did on my ms880 (mastermind meets the ms880 thread, i don't know how to link it) ..

for those of you who don't know, last june or so i sent my 880 to randy so he could put one of those stickers on it..
wewll, somehow the wires got crossed, and he ended up tearing my saw all apart, ground a buncha metal outa it, made it loud, then he sent it back to me,.....without a damn sticker on it ????
that was the whole reason i sent it to him in the 1st place !!

i guess the only good thing is that the saw is actually lighter now than it was when i sent it !!

no, i did'nt forget about the mill randy.

So it's just lighter? Well that's a good thing on one of these big bastards. :laugh:

I'll send you a couple of stickers Chuck. Send me your address again. To the email in my sig please, I can keep up with stuff much better that way.

I'm still interested in that mill too. Just let me know what you find out.

Randy,

Did you get any initial and post work compression numbers?

Paul

I did. I'll post more later.

Randy.......What sort of problems have you had with a squish in the 24/25thounsandth range, and a 60mm piston?

None Dennis. I just (sort of by accident) found that a wider squish seems to run better on the same engine with all else being the same.

Talk to me.....what are your thoughts? You know I'm open minded and all about learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back