Mastermind Meets The Stihl 088

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now for the muffler.

I replaced the stock screen with a stainless steel mesh that has a more open weave. This mesh is 62% open area.

The stock outlet was opened about twice as large.

088035.jpg

088038.jpg

088037.jpg

088036.jpg

088043.jpg

A golf ball will almost fit in there. :laugh:

088045.jpg

For guys that have never seen one of these beasts in the flesh........here's something that will help you relate to the size of one of these saws. The small carb fits a Husqvarna 55.

088048.jpg

Compression ended up at 190psi. I'll send a D handle home with the saw.....the owner might want it for ease of starting.

088044.jpg

Now for the most important detail........

088046.jpg

That squish energy is magic! I'm just learning about saw engines but my first experience with creating greater squish energy was just what you're seeing. They run BETTER! In every way.

I'm liking what I'm seeing with the more open area. :cheers:

no it does not unless you take it to another level of performance. a correctly woods ported saw can in some cases give a saw a longer life than the stuffed up pressure cooker that they are from the factory.

no it does not unless you take it to another level of performance. a correctly woods ported saw can in some cases give a saw a longer life than the stuffed up pressure cooker that they are from the factory.

The Stihl ditto heads will be along shortly to tell you how wrong you are...

cookie cutting movies!!! we want movies!!! Pictures only means it kinda happened... :tongue2:

my "ol roachy" might need some of this. if it will help pull the 60 with more chain speed.

The big stihl looks like its going to be a runner, but I would take the big husky instead that's just me.

I didn't write down the stock timing numbers n this one.......here's the finial numbers though.

Ex: 101°
Tr: 122°
In: 76°
Sq: .035
Comp: 190psi

No ignition advance. Josh's saw tore some tendons in my wrist.......I'm not doing that again. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back