Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unu7y5e5.jpg
esumaha7.jpg
got a JD 440 skidder Sunday. Needs cable and some TLC, I think it will work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

unu7y5e5.jpg
esumaha7.jpg
got a JD 440 skidder Sunday. Needs cable and some TLC, I think it will work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
You just cant tease us with 2 pictures and a brief description, come on were are the details!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o buy the way U SUCK that is to darn sweet and pretty straight to. If you run across a 440 forwarder let me no.

Beefie

You just cant tease us with 2 pictures and a brief description, come on were are the details!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o buy the way U SUCK that is to darn sweet and pretty straight to. If you run across a 440 forwarder let me no.

Beefie
dont know alot about it.i run it yrs ago for 2-3 winters.
it runs good,need to spool on some cable.fix some little things here and there.

I've itchin for another charity cut at Bob's since I attended one last year. In the mean time, Andy and Sarah have been putting up with me hangin out at their place instead. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to work Saturday and Sunday. I hoping to start a "new" job on Monday with reduced hours. Then I can attend more of these gatherings. DF

Friday nite ice bowling/council meeting in Grantsburg.
Saturday charity cut. Breakfast at 630 in SCF.
I should be able to come give a hand for a while on Saturday morning. Are we gonna have a very big crew? Not seeing a lot of people posting on the subject. I talked with Adam this last weekend and he thought he would be able to come also.

I should be able to come give a hand for a while on Saturday morning. Are we gonna have a very big crew? Not seeing a lot of people posting on the subject. I talked with Adam this last weekend and he thought he would be able to come also.
Fatboy has a few guys together. It's my Saturday to work-trying to get Todd to cover for me.

Just a pic dump from my phone from today's cutting at Bob's.

Andydodgegeek cutting one the easy way. Fatness' son AJ on skidloader duty, figuring out the nuances of a new grapple bucket.
anu4a5er.jpg

Andy, Adam and KDeerPark cutting, a couple locals on the splitters.

8anudyge.jpg

Fatness made a nice motor shield for his "bisexual" (goes both ways) splitter.

yhu9amyn.jpg

A couple of the locals splitting some for the guy that had the other stack there. He was looking for wood earlier this winter, and Bob let him have that load in exchange for the one we processed. The boys decided to split what was already cut on that pile, "since we were there". The last of Bob's loads is on the trailer in the background.

jabyruja.jpg

A big cookie Kdeerpark brought up, it was salvaged from Lake Superior. You might be able to see some log co marks if my pic is good enough.

su8ajyqy.jpg

He had Andy put his mill to it and make a nice flat side. We're not sure what the wood is, possibly cedar, although I lean toward white oak. Any ideas?

7ugy8yda.jpg

I'll come back in a bit and edit in more info from the computer.

No snow and you are in t shirts. Havent gotten quite that warm here yet. Looks like a pretty impressive set up you got going there, Matt. All your equipment or do you hire, rent a processor?
Just oliver1655's log processing trailer and our 2 splitters...
If you got logs and a loader, you can really make some wood in a hurry... If you like to run a saw, it'll give you all ya want in a big hurry...

Nice pics, Matt. I like that trailer idea. Might just have some parts laying around to make something similar.

I went back and edited in some commentary to my pic post as well.

Latest posts

Back