Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twin City Saw moving

Somewhat of an institution on University Avenue in Saint Paul (4th generation family owned/operated), Twin City Saw is moving a few miles away to 2169 Energy Park Drive, near Raymond (a few blocks East of 280). The store started BC (before chainsaws; or at least before they became popular): crosscuts saws, circular saws, bandsaws, etc. First a McCulloch chainsaw dealer, they moved on to STIHL, Jonsered, and Husqvarna, and for a while were the largest STIHL dealer in the state.

They will be open through August 26, then reopen at the new place September 5. They did not want people to freak out if they drove by and saw (no pun intended) the familiar sign down.

Sifting through decades of saw stuff packed in the shop, they also said that they do not have time for any type of clearance or moving sale, so they are packing it all up, and will sort it out at the new place.

Philbert

Twin City Saw moving

Somewhat of an institution on University Avenue in Saint Paul (4th generation family owned/operated), Twin City Saw is moving a few miles away to 2169 Energy Park Drive, near Raymond (a few blocks East of 280). The store started BC (before chainsaws; or at least before they became popular): crosscuts saws, circular saws, bandsaws, etc. First a McCulloch chainsaw dealer, they moved on to STIHL, Jonsered, and Husqvarna, and for a while were the largest STIHL dealer in the state.

They will be open through August 26, then reopen at the new place September 5. They did not want people to freak out if they drove by and saw (no pun intended) the familiar sign down.

Sifting through decades of saw stuff packed in the shop, they also said that they do not have time for any type of clearance or moving sale, so they are packing it all up, and will sort it out at the new place.

Philbert
Thanks for the heads up Phil

Bump. Got a nice picture of downtown Osceola, WI from a unique vantage point yesterday.

DSCN7126.JPG

The vantage point being looking out the cab window of this:

DSCN7128.JPG

Bought a cab ride aboard MNTX 325, a 1966 EMD SDP-40 belonging to the Minnesota Transportation Museum's Osceola & St. Croix Railroad. Rode out to Marine on St. Croix and back. It was well worth the price.

What? No picture of Boyd's Outdoor Power? Shoulda went east instead of west!!!

Well when I asked about a getting a cab ride I said I'd take anything available, but the Pumpkin Trains were the only thing going east all day and the folks at the depot recommended the trip west. However, I have seen the shop in YouTube videos of other cab rides going to Dresser. I do have some videos posted to Facebook, when I get time I'll try to get some of them here.

Latest posts

Back