• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

My new ms261cm

Jared31

Jared31

ArboristSite Operative
Look what I just bought from my local stihl dealer today. Can’t wait to start cutting in a few days.

Attachments

Jared31

Jared31

ArboristSite Operative
I bought the bar oil and the chains separately. They had a deal buy two chains get third one free

MountainHigh

MountainHigh

Selective Tree whacker
NICE!

I bought one about a month ago and have run only 1 tank through. Really want to get out again soon and run it more. Great size, power to weight and ergonomics on this 261 c-m.

Jared31

Jared31

ArboristSite Operative
I can’t wait to use it. My buddy asked me to come over this week and cut up three trees that he’s going to drop

MountainHigh

MountainHigh

Selective Tree whacker
ya,this 261 c-m is now lighter than the new 550xp Husky mk II and has slimmed down and feels good in my hands.

Diameter of the trees you'll be felling/bucking? I like this saw for anything up to 16" ... pulls well and is quite torqy. Some guys will even run a 20" on it, but I prefer to use it on smaller wood and use a 16" bar. Manual says it will take about 5+ tanks to break it in and reach max power.

ammoaddict

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
ya,this 261 c-m is now lighter than the new 550xp Husky mk II and has slimmed down and feels good in my hands.

Diameter of the trees you'll be felling/bucking? I like this saw for anything up to 16" ... pulls well and is quite torqy. Some guys will even run a 20" on it, but I prefer to use it on smaller wood and use a 16" bar. Manual says it will take about 5+ tanks to break it in and reach max power.
I would buy an original 550xp before the ms261, But with the added weight of the mark 2, I would buy the 261 all day long. I have a Stihl trimmer and pole saw and like them, but when it comes to blowers and saws, I like Husqvarna better in most cases. In my opinion they messed up with adding weight to the mark 2 and I wouldn't buy one.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

MountainHigh

MountainHigh

Selective Tree whacker
I would buy an original 550xp before the ms261, But with the added weight of the mark 2, I would buy the 261 all day long. I have a Stihl trimmer and pole saw and like them, but when it comes to blowers and saws, I like Husqvarna better in most cases. In my opinion they messed up with adding weight to the mark 2 and I wouldn't buy one.
I usually run Husky also (love my 346 and 562) but I'm not sure about the original 550xp as I haven't ran one. 550 felt good in the hands, but my shop wanted $120 more for it than the 261 c-m on Spring sale, so after tossing the Stihl around, seeing they had improved the ergonomics considerably and seeing the slight power edge, I went with the 261 c-m. So far so good.:yes:

ammoaddict

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
I usually run Husky also (love my 346 and 562) but I'm not sure about the original 550xp as I haven't ran one. 550 felt good in the hands, but my shop wanted $120 more for it than the 261 c-m on Spring sale, so after tossing the Stihl around, seeing they had improved the ergonomics considerably and seeing the slight power edge, I went with the 261 c-m. So far so good.:yes:
We have no husky dealers here, every local hardware store is a Stihl dealer and won't come down off of MSRP, at least I can buy Husqvarna online from some dealers.

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Ran two tanks through the 261c yesterday and I am totally impressed. This saw is getting stronger every time I use it. I’ve put about 4 tanks through it since I bought it new
Just wondering if your 261 was built by the rednecks in Virginia or the square heads in Germany?
I just brought mine in from the cold for some TLC and noticed I can’t undo the cover bolts with all the strength I have and I’m not limp wristed. Hopefully just frozen.

Jared31

Jared31

ArboristSite Operative
The 261 is an awesome saw. I love the power it has compared to the weight. I could use that saw all day long everyday. Sure beats lugging my 461 around

SuperDuty04

SuperDuty04

ArboristSite Operative
I've owned mine for about two months now and love it. I fish gilled the muffler after running it for a couple of hours and it was night and day difference on power. I was a little worried about voiding the warranty on a brand new saw but figured i could buy another muffler and slap it on in the event I needed warranty service. This is the best running saw I've ever used.