Northeastern state Blizzard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah I forgot, got a whoppin 7" of snow here :jester:

Yeah, we were supposed to get between 1-2', best I can tell we got about 5-6". Another......STORM OF THE CENTURY!!! Run for the hills, save the wife & kids, trust no one! It's the apocalypse. :msp_scared:

We have Maybe 16" or so. It's drifting around, so it's hard to tell exactly how much. Power outages aren't too bad around here in southern ME. I haven't seen anything about car pileups on the news.

Not quite the storm of the century they were saying I don't think.

We have 2 ft of snow at 7 am, still snowing pretty good, should get up to 6 inches more before it ends.

I got up this morning to take my son to his shoveling job. Roads had not been plowed at all, the plow on my truck in the up position was plowing a swath down the rd. It was some tough driving, Almost get to the meeting place and the guy called my son and said plans had changed to meet him to towns over from the meeting point. Not happening. When I see this guy I may have to plow his face for being a poop stain.

Last edited:
9 AM and its still snowing. I measure the snow on the deck 27". The weather man said the snow should be stopping in about an hour. So far the storm has been tolerable, we still have power and the insert is keeping the how over 70.

64853_403232313104294_329574533_n.jpg

I'd say I'm right in the 2' range, hard to figure out if the spot I measured just off the porch was "average" yet.

The garden tractor / plow ought to be interesting...

Probably going to wait till after lunch before I attempt to start the clean up beyond shoveling a longer path for the dog. Besides, it'll be warmer tomorrow :D

Still going here

Somewhere around 32-33 inches so far and still going strong, they're still saying another 6-10 inches

Not as easy as it used to be, trust me :msp_thumbdn:

I actually have sympathy for the body shops. Big insurance keeps the labor rate way down around 35/hr while the mechanic shops are getting 100/hr. Tough to make any profit without cutting corners today with a body shop.......

Hard to say but if id have to guess 24"-30" inches here picked up roughly 18" from 11pm till 8am. Lights flickering most of the night but never lost power. Over 400,000 without power in mass. Driving ban still in effect till noon today and they might extend it till tomorrow. No mention of strandard cars or at least not in high numbers.

Im calling uncle i love snow but this much in such a short time sucks ill take a bunch of small storm over trying to deal with this much all at once.

We didn't get much here, and while it would have been OK if we had I guess I'm glad not to have to bother with it. I remember dealing with snows that deep in the early '90s - it's cool but a lot of work too.

I thought you guys might like this one: [video=youtube;i6zaVYWLTkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Latest posts

Back