Northeastern state Blizzard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a little N. west of Albany NY on the VT border and nothing here except the wind has picked up so I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before the white gold hits. :blob2:

You sound like you must have a snowplow or wrecker service, since you refer to it as gold.

Here is Southern RI, it is a heavy wet snow. I was thinking about using the tractor to plow out some tonight. But I don't have a cab and figure it will push through whatever shows up overnight. It will still be easier than a shovel. I sprayed the bucket with silicone spray, and have the tractor waiting in the garage ready to go.

About 3" on the ground as of 3:50 on Friday.

Weeks worth of wood brought in, truck filled plow on and ready to go. Im on standby for a few different plow people so i know i will be getting the call at some point. Snowmobiles gassed up and ready to go.

Our governor signed an order banning driving as of 4pm today if caught you face a fine of up to $500 or a year in jail. I personally think its a good idea it will keep all the stupid out of my way latter.

Its been snowing just about all day here and there is about 4 inches on the ground and the wind is starting to pickup. All the local weather people are saying 18" to 24" with this one white bubble on the map showing 24" to 30"plus and that bubble is right over my area.

Wood in the garage, gas in the containers, installed new plug to go with new generac xg8000, finally bought one as I was getting tired of dragging a genny home from work every time we get a storm, and potatoe leak soup on the stove.

one white bubble on the map showing 24" to 30"plus and that bubble is right over my area.

I am in the 24"-30"+ area also !!!! 4.5" so far in Northern R.I.

Daily_Spec_Map1_Widget_zps3f6837ef.jpg

Last edited:
Wood in the garage, gas in the containers, installed new plug to go with new generac xg8000, finally bought one as I was getting tired of dragging a genny home from work every time we get a storm, and potatoe leak soup on the stove.

potatoe leek soup ! i dont believe it gets any better than that

Weeks worth of wood brought in, truck filled plow on and ready to go. Im on standby for a few different plow people so i know i will be getting the call at some point. Snowmobiles gassed up and ready to go.

Our governor signed an order banning driving as of 4pm today if caught you face a fine of up to $500 or a year in jail. I personally think its a good idea it will keep all the stupid out of my way latter.

Its been snowing just about all day here and there is about 4 inches on the ground and the wind is starting to pickup. All the local weather people are saying 18" to 24" with this one white bubble on the map showing 24" to 30"plus and that bubble is right over my area.

While I understand asking people to stay home, I'm pretty sure that's unconstitutional. :msp_ohmy:

That was my thought as well. But it works in my favor, so i'll keep it to myself for now.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they severely ####ed up this forecast :msp_confused:

While I understand asking people to stay home, I'm pretty sure that's unconstitutional. :msp_ohmy:

It very well could be. What they were or are trying to do is not have a repeat of what happened here back in the blizzard of 78. There where thousands of cars stuck on the roads for days. Which blocked crews from doing what they have to do. It is basically a very strong warning for the people that dont have a clue how serious this storm is going to be. The police are not going to activly pull people over if they are out but if you are involved in an accident or get stuck and dont have a good reason for being out then they can be fined.

So far it seems to be a dud. The roads are bad, but it's not adding up to much. Maybe 4-6 inches so far or so.

Just wait were just starting to get into it now the wind is picking up and the snow is also picking up. Id say we just picked up another 4 inches in the last 4 hours or so.

It very well could be. What they were or are trying to do is not have a repeat of what happened here back in the blizzard of 78. There where thousands of cars stuck on the roads for days. Which blocked crews from doing what they have to do. It is basically a very strong warning for the people that dont have a clue how serious this storm is going to be. The police are not going to activly pull people over if they are out but if you are involved in an accident or get stuck and dont have a good reason for being out then they can be fined.

Just wait were just starting to get into it now the wind is picking up and the snow is also picking up. Id say we just picked up another 4 inches in the last 4 hours or so.

In my town they actually said they would be actively pulling anyone over that did not have emergency lights. Then tickit them if they where non essential.

The wind is starting to pick up now. It looks like more is on its way for later on. At least it wasn't during the drive home. :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back