OK, what is it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is hackberry.

Never thought about hackberry. I am pretty sure it's maple.

I just finished the load for today which is about a full cord between the truck and trailer. Must be getting old, I am tired by the time it's unloaded and stacked. 95% oak but did cut a few more rounds of the ??? wood. It is separated from the good stuff and mixed with the walnut from last week.

I don’t want to hijack the OP’s thread, so is this where we post pics of wood that we are unsure of the species? I thought there was another one but can’t find it. Thanks fellas.

He's pulling your leg. Obviously not hackberry. The knobby bark is very distinctive. Once you get the look of it into your head it's perhaps the easiest deciduous tree to ID.
I still think its oak.

I process 20 cord of oak a year. This is the oak cut so far on the end that is separated from the rest.

2hyx6aa.jpg

I was splitting today and here is what I think it is.

1st pic, the piece on the top is Red Elm as there were bug tracks under the bark and the other is maple.

Good God you guys are worse than a women nagging. Some of us cut wood and don't just take pictures of it.:innocent::lol::rock2::dancing::happybanana::chop:

I am calling this maple??
8zfdwl.jpg

I'll go with red elm??

ru07rt.jpg

Beetles under the bark.

14lj2pi.jpg

Load cut today:

2431bmr.jpg

25gxmdf.jpg

2dspuep.jpg

Don't know what the first one but not maple.

The second one almost looks like a red oak family but not true red oak.

Back