Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I'm going to be soooo mean. I drove my hippie car to Costco and bought the big bag of coffee beans along with enough other stuff to fill the hippie car up. Mmmmm strudel bread....

You could go through your garbage and reuse the old grounds. They might could have more nutrition to them now.:popcorn:

Oh, I'm going to be soooo mean. I drove my hippie car to Costco and bought the big bag of coffee beans along with enough other stuff to fill the hippie car up. Mmmmm strudel bread....

You could go through your garbage and reuse the old grounds. They might could have more nutrition to them now.:popcorn:

Did you stop at Madsen's and pick up my stuff?

The wife took her Honda to Costco not long ago, 6 lbs of Kirkland Columbian Supremo (beans) in the chest freezer and probably 1½ lbs upstairs. :biggrinbounce2:

You mean the Crafts section of Walmart? I got those little beaded stick on flowers and butterflies for your saws. For the 066, I got some dwarves and mushrooms to try to create an ancient theme.

At Madsens I bought 3 pairs of gloves.

Ms P
I bought 3 pair of Tillman 1250M (medium) welders gloves for about $8 a pair. They wear well, are supple enough to use with the saw, and aren't so expensive I won't use them with what the splitter creates. You might like their color, blue.
http://www.jtillman.com/products/?SKU=1250
I had them delivered to local outlet and didn't pay for shipping.

Last edited:

I just put on a pot of French Roast.. Ah... the aroma.. stirs me ...

Ahhhhhhhhh......:)

i am feeling the love here... sigh...

enjoy, folks! i am taking names... the GTG is coming!!!

You mean the Crafts section of Walmart? I got those little beaded stick on flowers and butterflies for your saws. For the 066, I got some dwarves and mushrooms to try to create an ancient theme.

At Madsens I bought 3 pairs of gloves.

Well...that's not exactly what I had in mind. I didn't even know there was a Crafts section at MalMart. I'll have to keep a close watch on my saws at the GTG...I can see that right now. Dwarves and mushrooms indeed.:censored: On second thought, maybe I'll just leave 'em home.:)

Then this wouldn't be the time to mention that the sun was shining here today? And that I spent part of the afternoon in shirtsleeves painting shop projects.

Okay, I won't mention that.

Note to self: buy an extra notepad to keep track of all the snarly things said by Gologit.

No, Bob, it's ok that you mentioned that... yes, it's ok... just realize, i have a very very long memory... you owed me a dinner for an indescretion years back... start saving up! you may owe more then dinner... :clap:

Last edited:
Note to self: buy an extra notepad to keep track of all the nasty things said by Gologit.

No, Bob, it's ok that you mentioned that... yes, it's ok... just realize, i have a very very long memory... you owed me a dinner for an indescretion years back... start saving up! you may owe more then dinner... :clap:

Isn't there a statute of limitations on stuff like that? If not, there should be.

And I deserved a sunny day...it was the first one in over a week. I just kind of got out there and soaked it up.

You can have your revenge Monday morning. We start a job then. In the snow. I have to get up there early and put the batteries back in the Cat and get the oil warmed up...early being whatever time it takes to get all that done so I can start falling as soon as it's light enough to see. So...I'll be doing my share of snow stuff soon enough.

Isn't there a statute of limitations on stuff like that? If not, there should be.

And I deserved a sunny day...it was the first one in over a week. I just kind of got out there and soaked it up.

You can have your revenge Monday morning. We start a job then. In the snow. I have to get up there early and put the batteries back in the Cat and get the oil warmed up...early being whatever time it takes to get all that done so I can start falling as soon as it's light enough to see. So...I'll be doing my share of snow stuff soon enough.

i'll call you at 2am, all perky, to wake up!!!

but you're blowing smoke... you are bored to death not working!!!

i'll call you at 2am, all perky, to wake up!!!

but you're blowing smoke... you are bored to death not working!!!

LOL...I'll be down the road by 2 a.m. And I'm not bored. There's just things I'd rather be doing than what I've been doing lately. Hell, I even vacuumed the house this morning...it ought to be good 'til November now, shouldn't it?
'

LOL...I'll be down the road by 2 a.m. And I'm not bored. There's just things I'd rather be doing than what I've been doing lately. Hell, I even vacuumed the house this morning...it ought to be good 'til November now, shouldn't it?
'

It is good unless you get a dog. Then you have to vacuum again in July. Why do you need a house? Just go hang out at a bar till the wee hours, or in a 24 hour Walmarche, then go to work. :) Sleep in the blood pressure chair. They'd probably poke you once in a while to make sure you were alive. Think of all the rent money you would save!

Last edited:
It is good unless you get a dog. Then you have to vacuum again in July. Why do you need a house? Just go hang out at a bar till the wee hours, or in a 24 hour Walmarche, then go to work. :) Sleep in the blood pressure chair. They'd probably poke you once in a while to make sure you were alive. Think of all the rent money you would save!

Nope...won't work. If you hang out in a bar they expect you to drink. That makes for foggy mornings even if there's no fog. That's one of the reasons I don't do that anymore.
The blood pressure chair at Wally World isn't an option either. Somebody might take my blood pressure while I was sleeping and I'd wind up in some emergency room somewhere because my pressure is usually so low that people get alarmed. Besides, there's usually somebody wearing a turban already sitting there. Asleep. Snoring. Drooling, too.
No...just bad ideas all the way around. And no dog, either. If I want to feed something, put up with noise and aggravation, clean pee off the floor and vaccum hair off of the sofa I'll invite some of my relatives over. At least I can throw them out without feeling bad about it.

And no dog, either. If I want to feed something, put up with noise and aggravation, clean pee off the floor and vaccum hair off of the sofa I'll invite some of my relatives over. At least I can throw them out without feeling bad about it.

hmmm my thought was "if i wanted to feed something, put up with noise and aggravation, clean pee off the floor" etc etc that i'd just get married again... but one of my annual New Year's Resolution is to stop supporting attorneys :) ... so i gave up marriage... :clap: seems to be a resolution i have kept very nicely since 1996... :clap:

Last edited:
Hey I'm back. Can I get back into the banter with everyone?

Storm work kept me from home from the 20th until about 10:30 last night. We were done Thursday but the flooding cut off both ways of access to the house. So I had to wait it out. Finally I asked the fire guys if they would let me hang a cable on the back and try it. They were reluctant but said they would try it. I almost didn't make it across with out stalling. Just barely made it to the other side. Unhooked the winch line and headed for home. Some times keeping the power going ain't all it's cracked up to be. 3 and a half feet of snow here at the house caused tons of damage everywhere around these parts.

We did Christmas this morning. Late but the kids wanted to wait until I was home before any of the festivities. I'm glad they waited it was lots of fun.

I hope this works cause the kids both got me a box of this. I saw it some place awhile back and started laughing, and they both remembered and thought I would like to have some of my own

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3196/2699168739_c2318b809a_o.jpg

This isn't the boxes I got. However it is the same thing, this is just the only photo I can find and put up.

Spotted Owl Helper. MM MM good.

The Mrs and me have come up with a couple weekends for possiblities. Should we keep it here or start a new thread about this. I was thinking that the good natured back and forth could continue on another thread. Also making it easier for interested parties to find out more info and give some in put with out having to wade thru some much good time back and forth. How does that sound?

Trin I do have some snow shoes that we could ship to ya. That may end your captivity. I hope not to need them for the rest of this winter.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and an even better New Year.

Owl

Last edited:
We have people at the border...make sure your paperwork is in order.:)

I got down here in time. Just before the last snowfall and flooding in Clackamas County closed over 40 roads. All the rivers from the Columbia south to the Klamath are overflowing. Dow here in Mendo, they are praying for rain. Its been a dought here in CA. Nice and dry. Sun was out today. Must have been 50 degrees. I was siting in the sun for at least a hour, just to feel what it was like again. Ah... the sun! Warm. How soon one forgets! Orion is up now, the stars are out here. Yep they are still there, along with the sun and moon.

Interestingly enough they have re-opened the border crossing inspection point for all vehilces on I-5 again just across the CA border. No fruits or plants. Seems that Oregonians do not count as fruits or plants. So they let me pass...

Oh, another interesting sight on I-5. Around the Santiam River it is VERY much flooded. I was looking up at a power line tower, and there at the top was a bald eagle! Expanded water territory for them to survey. I have seen a lot of bald eagles, but none on I-5 before.

Last edited:
Back