Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trinity

If you're above freezing take a small pole like a broom stick and make a grid of holes, this will open up the surface area and speed the melting process. [a bunch]. If you have a little time this is a good back saver vs shoveling, might give it a try, under the car and down the drive way.

My driveway is still impassible. My truck's been over at my neigbors for a week now. The Subaru hasn't been started since DEC 6th!

Last edited:
Which of the Donner Party Books is that? What would Martha Stewart do?:)
I read Ordeal By Hunger and saw the PBS story. In the PBS documentary, they made a point that after the rescue, most denied eating people. Was this the beginning of Californial Cuisine?

Well, I got the snow from the past two days pretty well taken care of and the sun went away and it is now dumping more snow. Go figure. I feel like this.:buttkick: I'm on the receiving end.

Last edited:
thank you, Andy... i know everyone else thinks i am a total idiot... i owe you a beer... uh oh... that sabotages your New Years Resolution... oh well...

Not all of us Trin.
How badly does your roomy want out? She might be willing to help push you back onto gravel. If she is returning ask to ride along, how long would it take to pick up some thread?

Give you a few minutes away from the cabin too!
Lou

Last edited:
thank you, Andy... i know everyone else thinks i am a total idiot... i owe you a beer... uh oh... that sabotages your New Years Resolution... oh well...

It's already shot;)

As for my driveway, I've given up and put road cones across the top, to keep the idiots out. I figure it will be another two weeks before it's melted out enough to let un-manly vehicles in.

Trin: We (AS locals) could all mount a rescue.. before tonight's snow storm....

Last edited:
Which of the Donner Party Books is that? What would Martha Stewart do?:)
I read Ordeal By Hunger and saw the PBS story. In the PBS documentary, they made a point that after the rescue, most denied eating people.

Well, I got the snow from the past two days pretty well taken care of and the sun went away and it is now dumping more snow. Go figure. I feel like this.:buttkick: I'm on the receiving end.

Yup...Ordeal By Hunger...by George Stewart. The PBS documentary and the books don't quite agree on the dietary habits that winter.

I've logged up in that country and it never fails to amaze me that so many survived . They were ill prepared and a world away from home...they just got through it the best way they could.

Hey Trinity...Some rental car outfits deliver the car...maybe they have 4wd for rent. Sounds like Lou and Andy are doing their best for you, Slowp has given you some good tips, and you have heat and grub. You can do it, kid. Just get out there and make something happen.

Last edited:
Not all of us Trin.
How badly does your roomy want out? She might be willing to help push you back onto gravel. If she is returning ask to ride along, how long would it take to pick up some thread?

Give you a few minutes away from the cabin too!
Lou

roommate has back troubles... and she was with me when i just got stuck... is mad that i didn't try hard enough as she has errands to do... too bad, so sad...

she was gone for a week... whereas i am on Day #17 of captivity... thankfully, my errands were not critical... the quilts can get done later... no necessity stuff....

roommate has back troubles... and she was with me when i just got stuck... is mad that i didn't try hard enough as she has errands to do... too bad, so sad...

she was gone for a week... whereas i am on Day #17 of captivity... thankfully, my errands were not critical... the quilts can get done later... no necessity stuff....

Put her bad back behind the wheel. Just be cautious where you push; I've made hand shaped dents on some modern Detroit iron.
Lou

My snow scoop broke down. It was not flicking the snow properly. I'll have to bring it in and wax it. Then it has to go outside to cool down. Snow scoops are pretty technical to maintain and operate.:)

Detailed Local Forecast

Tonight: Rain and snow this evening transitioning to snow showers overnight. Low 29F. Winds light and variable. Chance of precip 50%.

Tomorrow: Rain and snow in the morning will become showery in the afternoon. High 37F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 60%.

Tomorrow night: Cloudy with rain and snow showers. Low 34F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 60%.

Sunday: A mixture of rain and snow showers. Temps nearly steady in the mid to upper 30s. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 40%.

Monday: Mix of rain and snow showers. Highs in the upper 30s with temperatures nearly steady overnite.

Frigg... If I ever get out of here I'm going straight south!

Last edited:
Detailed Local Forecast

Tonight: Rain and snow this evening transitioning to snow showers overnight. Low 29F. Winds light and variable. Chance of precip 50%.

Tomorrow: Rain and snow in the morning will become showery in the afternoon. High 37F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 60%.

Tomorrow night: Cloudy with rain and snow showers. Low 34F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 60%.

Sunday: A mixture of rain and snow showers. Temps nearly steady in the mid to upper 30s. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 40%.

Monday: Mix of rain and snow showers. Highs in the upper 30s with temperatures nearly steady overnite.

We have people at the border...make sure your paperwork is in order.:)

Do I hear a "Hallelujah" brothers and sisters?
What came to my mind's eye. Didn't know you got birth certificate for that though.

1. Hallelujah birth happened in South Carolina
2. When you legally change your name, it's pretty important to get a New Birth Certificate for getting all documentation updated with the most recent name... and both of mine say "born in California"

Detailed Local Forecast

Yep, drove home tonight from work and it is like a skating rink out there. Luckily I had no tailgaters today.
We got a couple of inches last night to add to the ice underneath.
We finally got the car out yesterday for the first time since it snowed.
The four wheel on the ford truck is sure nice to get up the hill in.
I thought we were supposed to warm up this week?:dizzy:
So much for global warming. Where is old Al anyway?:chainsaw:
Hey Trinity you need some good ol neighbors to help you out.
Do you have any near to give you a ride out?
If we were closer I would come and get you.

Latest posts

Back