Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good way to start New Year!

Well today we walked out the back and found an old maple tree that blew over. Perfect for fire wood right now. We saw cougar tracks in the snow too, so we have a bear and a cougar in the neighborhood.
Also saw some elk poo.
We got the neighbor out to cut some wood as they needed it badly.
Got a load of wet maple for us and a dry load for them to burn right now.
Good day!:greenchainsaw:

Well today we walked out the back and found an old maple tree that blew over. Perfect for fire wood right now. We saw cougar tracks in the snow too, so we have a bear and a cougar in the neighborhood.
Also saw some elk poo.
We got the neighbor out to cut some wood as they needed it badly.
Got a load of wet maple for us and a dry load for them to burn right now.
Good day!:greenchainsaw:

WOW! great to help the folks who needed the wood to burn!

i have only seen raccoon tracks... our deer are lying low apparently...

Happy New Year!

A few new years pics of mountain gals post. Only about 25"-28" where it blew off tangled in another tree Big leaf maple. Theres a third tree tangled cross wise another maple. Lotta fun to go cuttin with Jani. Thats her with her 260 she always beams when she cuts. Neighbors cant believe how productive her cutting is or how hard she works shes a keeper.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
More Snow

We got 4 - 6" again last night. I'm ready to move back to New Mexico.

Trin; order a Domino's pizza, ask them to include a few spools of thread.

I owned a 73 Gremlin that spent a few winters in the great state of Ohio. A heavy frost was enough to render it immobile. I suspect if you get your vehicle moving (very slowly) you will be alright. If you spin the tires you turn somewhat slippery snow into water on ice, absolutely no traction. The Gremlin once moving did pretty good on snow and ice. I suspect the same to be true for your vehicle.

If you do get out some cable chains would be a GREAT idea. Les Schwab will buy back any chains that weren't used.

Last edited:
We got 4 - 6" again last night. I'm ready to move back to New Mexico.

Trin; order a Domino's pizza, ask them to include a few spools of thread.

I owned a 73 Gremlin that spent a few winters in the great state of Ohio. A heavy frost was enough to render it immobile. I suspect if you get your vehicle moving (very slowly) you will be alright. If you spin the tires you turn somewhat slippery snow into water on ice, absolutely no traction. The Gremlin once moving did pretty good on snow and ice. I suspect the same to be true for your vehicle.

If you do get out some cable chains would be a GREAT idea. Les Schwab will buy back any chains that weren't used.

the problem is how low the chasis is... i got out of my parking spot, and now am held in place by snow under the body of the car... the tires are not the issue... i like the Domino's plan... but i don't have wood ash here (no fire place or outdoor burning), no sand, no cat litter... just simply stuck. and chains only help the tire grab-- am i wrong on that??? blast! the front tires are on snow, the back on gravel... and am simply stuck by the snow under the body... so i just need to get back to my parking spot as the snow on the drive out is equally as deep if not deeper...

oh well. quilts will get finished another time.

Last edited:
Back at you Niko. I hope EVERYONE had a good Christmas and send wishes for a happy, HEALTHY, prosperous new year (Please hug Witchy for me).

Happy New Year to you and yours from Witchy and me! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Witchy sends her :heart: :heart:

- her bad neck doesn't allow her to post at the moment.

Last edited:
the problem is how low the chasis is... i got out of my parking spot, and now am held in place by snow under the body of the car... the tires are not the issue... i like the Domino's plan... but i don't have wood ash here (no fire place or outdoor burning), no sand, no cat litter... just simply stuck. and chains only help the tire grab-- am i wrong on that??? blast! the front tires are on snow, the back on gravel... and am simply stuck by the snow under the body... so i just need to get back to my parking spot as the snow on the drive out is equally as deep if not deeper...

Well, you can run the car for hours, and hope the snow melts down from the heat of the muffler and cat converter.

You can grab something and commence to excavate. underneath the car. Never easy to do and I have hours of experience. But you will have a house to run into and warm up.

You can bribe neighbors to lift the car up. If they aren't good friends, beer often works.

You can tow it.

You can wait for global warming to kick in.

I must've done some snowplowing with the Subaru. I noticed the front license plate is bent up.

I have a good book about the Donner Party I'd be glad to send . It's a little graphic concerning meal preperation. But you can skip that part if you want.:)

the problem is how low the chassis is... i got out of my parking spot, and now am held in place by snow under the body of the car... the tires are not the issue... i like the Domino's plan... but i don't have wood ash here (no fire place or outdoor burning), no sand, no cat litter... just simply stuck. and chains only help the tire grab-- am i wrong on that??? blast! the front tires are on snow, the back on gravel... and am simply stuck by the snow under the body... so i just need to get back to my parking spot as the snow on the drive out is equally as deep if not deeper...

It sounds like the drive wheels aren't in contact with a road surface (high centered) when the snow melts enough I'd back her into the spot with gravel and shovel a few inches of snow away to the road before trying again.

I have a good book about the Donner Party I'd be glad to send . It's a little graphic concerning meal preperation. But you can skip that part if you want.:)

know all about the Donner party... loved the part that one of the "partakers" opened a restaurant later... Ick Ick Ick...

overall, things aren't bad. the house is sorta warm, there's still food here... and the electricity is on... so things could be much much much worse. it's just frustrating... and now the one roommate who's back is torqued at me cuz she wanted to do errands. oh well... life sucks sometimes...

It sounds like the drive wheels aren't in contact with a road surface (high centered) when the snow melts enough I'd back her into the spot with gravel and shovel a few inches of snow away to the road before trying again.

Mr Wonderful will be back on Sunday... i'll let him deal with it... although i'm frustrated, these quilts can get done later...

Latest posts

Back