Performance saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your keen so an I MCW,

I'll send a few kits too and a spare carby. The current fitted carby is a genuine Stihl Walbro. Do you have some wood available to test it in? If you lived closer I'd be all over this like a fat kid on a cupcake :)

Haha no problem MCW, and definitely no shortage of wood where I am, I'll inbox you some details in about an hour if that's ok, just got a few things to do

Thanks blsnelling for your suggestions, very much appreciated, I have question for you if that's ok, when tuning high power/revving saws do you use a AFR or LAMDA meter to check that the mixtures are where they should be?

Thanks blsnelling for your suggestions, very much appreciated, I have question for you if that's ok, when tuning high power/revving saws do you use a AFR or LAMDA meter to check that the mixtures are where they should be?

We use the time proven 4 stroking in the cut tuning method. If it's 4 stroking while loaded it's too rich. Lean it out until it smooths out but 4 strokes a bit with no load then check rpm with a tach. Not sure if anybody has done exhaust gas readings.

Let's see your before and after vids like you are describing.
I guess you've not visited my youtube account before. or my website with a few dozen photos of my work.i had plenty of pictorial build threads before the site was hacked. ive even went back and put the pics back into the ones I could salvage. this aint my first rodeo brush ape.

I guess you've not visited my youtube account before. or my website with a few dozen photos of my work.i had plenty of pictorial build threads before the site was hacked. ive even went back and put the pics back into the ones I could salvage. this aint my first rodeo brush ape.

I thought you'd only ported one saw and wrote 15 different threads about it? :)

Right, no doubt. No need to be defensive. I've been on your website and You Tube, without being prompted.

I was just wanting to see the before and after vids since you were giving that advice to the kid.

lets see some before and after video of saws in the same wood with same bar and chain.

Irrelevant here as well - just crap!

That thing obviously was made mainly for the US market, where more people don't understand what the word quality means, or see the difference.
OK, I'm feeling ornery. Could you please define what the word quality means, as distinct from other quantifiable terms like reliability, power, weight, etc.?

I will try not to pull too hard on the line once the hook sets, and promise to throw you back once you are reeled in.

Latest posts

Back