Picture of your special spot where you spend your summer!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if you went out of Chinco, I'm guessing it was the Wash. or possibly Bob's Canyon. Others are farther away.

Out of Wachapreague, we have two canyons (Norf and Wash) which are equidistant.

Not always. Sometimes it's pretty goddam violent!
I know that. 5-6 years ago we got caught in 15-20 footers out of Oregon Inlet. We were in a 30 Contender.

Used to do this a lot. Rules were changed so antiques were not antiques any longer.

enhance

So I would take them to antique tractor shows .

enhance

thgat got to be tireing dragging chains and binders around to tie down on the trailer and setting up the ramps and all that so I just quit.

Today If it is cold I turn the heat on and drive to a show. If it is hot I turn the air on and drive. No chains to drag around so they don't get stolen, no ramps to set up or take down.

Just wash wax and change oil and lube it.

x_VHT4_Ad.jpg

u_VXs_IXy.jpg

20180421_182709.jpg

Shows all over the State of Michigan includeing the UP even. Every thing we need for a day fits in the trunk, Cooler full of cool water, sandwiches, and snacks even. Sack chairs and our sun shade.

City_offices.jpg

Our_Buick_and_info_easel.jpg

They have week night shows called cruises from Monday to Friday also in many of the small mid Michigan down towns.

It was hard to get used to paying a fee to show the car at a Weekend show and people lookiung got in free. At tractor shows we with the tractors got to show for free and people looking paid to look.
But with the car we get free driver number tickets and win prizes includeing money and plaques and trophys.

Not adpt to win this one in 2018 for the most orginal 1985 or older car/truck. last year had orginal paint, this year all new paint.

66_Chevy_II_029.jpg

If you see us at a Michigan car show this year stop and say hello.

:D Al

Same here. Over 60* and no thanks!
It used to drive me nuts when I'd be up on a roof shingling while its already 90 degrees at 9 am, having to water down the roof to keep the shingles from turning to butter, saying I hated the heat, and some fat, lazy homeowner would pipe up, OHHH!!! Not me!!! The hotter the better. Then proceed to drive away with the a/c blaring, condensation coming out the pipe. Wish I could've said, WELL!!! It's your lucky day, now get your fat ass back here and sweat a little up here with us. We'll see how you love the heat in another 9 hours. I think 60-70 degrees F with a slight breeze is perfect

Sirbuildalot I second that feeling ab out all the jerks who just love summer yet have AC houses, AC cars/trucks and AC work places.
Hire all maintance work done out side by some person who does it daily out side summer and winter.

I had one of those spout off last summer and I told her they should take her AC stuff away and make her stand on Asphalt and hold a stop slow sign all day long.

:D Al

Someone gave me a 12er last spring for hauling some dirt, I still have some in the fridge.

Your doing it wrong. Your supposed drink the beer WHILE your working. Just be smart about it. I. Have a beer... just one. When im splitting wood almost religiously. No harm. Just be smart and enjoy a beer while your working your ass off

Your doing it wrong. Your supposed drink the beer WHILE your working. Just be smart about it. I. Have a beer... just one. When im splitting wood almost religiously. No harm. Just be smart and enjoy a beer while your working your ass off
I never mix business with pleasure....save the beer for when I'm done.

Most people in head to our world famous beaches, I on the other hand head for the hills to our not so famous canyons. There are 300 canyons 100km to the west of Sydney in the pristine bush.
In most of the canyons you can drink the water straight and not get sick.

upload_2018-5-24_15-6-51.png

upload_2018-5-24_15-7-8.png

upload_2018-5-24_15-7-26.png

You never know what you'll find in the bush. this Arch is in the middle of nowhere, unfortunately it collapsed about ten years ago.

Thats the thing,

Wood processing is not my “business” ..... it is pleasure.

My Business is welding/fabricating/laser department & drafting. I dont drink a beer for pleasure when im there. ;)
Wood processing isn't my business either...I take drinking beer very seriously :)

Wood processing isn't my business either...I take drinking beer very seriously :)

I completely understand my friend. To each his own, right. I take drinking “responsibly” seriously. So i just have one while working.

:cheers:

Back