Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i called about crank seals for my p41, they were only 3.30 each so i got two sets. I also ordered a carb kit bc it wouldnt pump any fuel last night. Your gonna think im crazy but ive had 100ll fuel do this once before, i let it sit all night and came home and it fired up and is ready to go i dont know if it dissolved some junk or if it works on the hard diaphragms but it started and was ready to go to work. Im gonna do seals and a carb kit bc there to cheap not to but shes a runner

Pics of some recent projects, these early P40, P50 have breaker point ign systems. a combination of new and good used parts were used to complete these projects. Still waiting for a new P40 decal to arrive to be installed on the Air ckeaner cover.

Attachments

• MTD retainers_129.JPG
    MTD retainers_129.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 23
  • MTD retainers_130.JPG
    MTD retainers_130.JPG
    453.9 KB · Views: 21
  • MTD retainers_131.JPG
    MTD retainers_131.JPG
    498.4 KB · Views: 23
  • MTD retainers_132.JPG
    MTD retainers_132.JPG
    380.2 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00040.JPG
    DSC00040.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • DSC00021_907.JPG
    DSC00021_907.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
Just rebuilt the carb on my p41 to confirm an air leak. Im about 80% sure one of the crank seals are leaking. When turned to one side the idle speeds up and under WOT is starts to lean out. But i got seals coming from my local carquest

l would replace the both crank seals at the same time. l would do the bubble soap test after blocking of your intake , exhaust , compression and &spark plug hole, then pressurize block. to confirm/target other potential leaks

I think i will, brother has a pressure/vac tester. I know its leaking air, oddly enough out of dozens of saws this is the first one ive had where an air leak was very apparent. I was concerned i had an air leak on my 056 so i just did crank seals just because and it did subtlely change my idle.

Pics of some recent projects, these early P40, P50 have breaker point ign systems. a combination of new and good used parts were used to complete these projects. Still waiting for a new P40 decal to arrive to be installed on the Air ckeaner cover.
what is the paint code of the Pioneer Yellow, Green etc? thank you

My local carquest can scan parts with some kinda laser it will tell them.what makes up the color, then they can even have it put in an spray can

Latest posts

Back