Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So dads pickin up the p41 tomorrow for me guy said it starts runs and cuts. Im stoked i was watching some videos of some with v stacks and foam filters
Congrats on the new saw.I'm sure you will love it,they have lots of grunt for 66 cc's.I love mine it's set up with a v-stack and a K&N filter.

Where do you get the v stacks and filters for the p41?
You will need a husky 288 elbow, and chainsaw conservation corps on ebay has real nice v-stacks. They also have uni filters if you want to use a foam filter, if not you can pic out a K&N off there site under universal filters. For me personally the K&N has proven to be better than the foam filters.

Does anyone know if the p41 has nominal size crank seals or are they proprietary sizes . Got the beast to run but it needs a carb rebiuld luckily its got the hs tillotson im versed in those

Does anyone know if the p41 has nominal size crank seals or are they proprietary sizes . Got the beast to run but it needs a carb rebiuld luckily its got the hs tillotson im versed in those

I grabbed an OEM set for a P655 last year. I measured them up and Tim (fossil) crossed them.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/pioneer-chainsaws.70698/page-519#post-5964897

The 428746 is the large P series seal.

Use SKF 5606 double lip or National 472705 double lip Nitrile

Fits bore size 1.00 inch and shaft size 9/16"

What do you recommend skf or national?

SKF's are pretty much what I have access to. At that, it is a 6 week wait. I cannot comment on how the OEM seals and the 5606's fit in comparison. I haven't swapped out the one's on my 41/50's yet, as they are both tight. I have them on hand, but it can wait. The 655 will have to wait a bit longer. The saw is the lowest hour saw I own, and I haven't mustered up the nerve to start taking it apart.

Back