Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this P41 the other day. Done the fuel system and got it running, but of won't idle. It acts like a air leak and I will check that and the reeds when time permits.

Any one know of the Aftermarket seal numbers for these to save me some trouble of deciphering then myself?

View attachment 540041

The reed blocks on those are very fragile. Might leak there.

Tim @fossil is looking for an IEL/Pioneer repair manual for the HC saw. Is this another of those unattainable manuals?
Tim @fossil is looking for an IEL/Pioneer repair manual for the HC saw. Is this another of those unattainable manuals?
If you look back a good ways in this thread you can find Petes old saw,and there is a link there to a media fire account and under petes old saw there is something there for the HC. Sorry I don't know how to post the link,and it would not let me upload it here.

Thanks guys. I have a couple of good HC IPL's and an owner's manual. The issue I'm having is with the carb. It's basically an HL carb not using the pump section. It may be called an HC carb. Not sure.

The IPL calls for 5 screws only to be used to hold the carb body together rather than the usual 6 screws. To make a long story short, I've been in contact with Pioneerguy600 and he is going to look at a carb off an HC he has in a box.
There is no impulse passage from the crankcase to the metering diaphragm but we think we have the answer. Just waiting for confirmation.
I figure the repair manual if one was available, would have the answer.

Latest posts

Back