Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there much in the way of 600 parts still available? I know the original recoil was a problem, but a F/B version eventually replaced it. Anything else inherently difficult to find? Or is everything difficult to find? LOL

I have a 650 with a remmington 24 roller bar on it . It cant be right I modded the same bar on a homelite c52. Havent taken this one off for a look .Homie is .375 /.063 after mod . Remmington was 7/16/058 originally .The 650 is ? But its for sale.

Just don't see these in my neck o' the woods. A little rough but appears complete. Will definitely be fun to work on when I can find the time it deserves. Its 650 sibling is already in line so who knows when I'll get to it. Has great compression and supposedly spark as well. Still had mix in the tank and bowl that wasn't varnish so may have run more recently than it looks.

0522181630_resized.jpg

0522181631a_resized.jpg

0522181631_resized.jpg

0522181632_resized.jpg

0522181632a_resized.jpg

no "a"
has pioneer starter.
your muffler looks 620/50 ish.
@pioneerguy600 would know better than me tho.

Yes, the muffler is off a 620, 620 S or 650. Top cover and rear cover latch is not original, FM recoils were retrofitted to most of the 600 series saws.

Thanks, guys.

Yep. My 650 has the same muffler.

The rear 'latch' is actually a pretty decent job of rednekkin'. Front/top hook is still in place (and functions) and at least everything seems to line up. It also has a crack in the 'latch' area, but nothing major.

The top cover says 600... Its anyone's guess what that hole is about. Almost looks intentional.

And I meant F/M on the recoil, not F/B. Duh. It's all hung up after a couple pulls now, too. I understand they're easy to revive. Hope so.

Hey Fellas
WoW 620 pages and still going strong, Amazing ! Okay have not been on here in quite awhile life has brought changes . I'm looking for a new bar for my P41 Western. The original bar is trash it's a Pioneer 507475848 28 SSW 50 92x 3/8 but I have two new chains for the present bar .I was thinking I could buy the same NOS bar if I could find one maybe ebay or should I just buy a another brand of bar . P.S. I have all the number information concerning the present bar as to what all the numbers mean but the manual is buried in the garage some place so if someone would care to help that would be great !
Thanks
WesternSaw

I have contacted Jerry Pioneerguy600 and unfortunatley he does not have a bar for my P41. If you fellas could look at the numbers of the sprocket bar I have posted above maybe you know someone who has an NOS bar with the same numbers I will have to look up in the Pioneer manual to see what all those digits mean
Thanks
WesternSaw

I have contacted Jerry Pioneerguy600 and unfortunatley he does not have a bar for my P41. If you fellas could look at the numbers of the sprocket bar I have posted above maybe you know someone who has an NOS bar with the same numbers I will have to look up in the Pioneer manual to see what all those digits mean
Thanks
WesternSaw
I have the same bar. It came with my p61 western when my grandpa bought it new. I bet your bar could actually be repaired and painted. Do you have a pic of it?

Thanks
WesternSaw

You might try to contact KZ1000 about a bar. He's not on this site much any more but I think he frequents another site. Maybe send him a PM and he'll get an email to check his messages. Good guy to deal with.

He made a score on some NOS Pioneer bars a couple of years ago and I bought one from him. It was a 28" hard nose 3/8 .58 gauge bar and was in perfect shape.

Not sure what the specs you are looking for in a bar or what he may have but it's a possibility.

Are you wanting a Pioneer branded bar or just looking to get something your existing chains will work on?

You might try to contact KZ1000 about a bar. He's not on this site much any more but I think he frequents another site. Maybe send him a PM and he'll get an email to check his messages. Good guy to deal with.

He made a score on some NOS Pioneer bars a couple of years ago and I bought one from him. It was a 28" hard nose 3/8 .58 gauge bar and was in perfect shape.

Not sure what the specs you are looking for in a bar or what he may have but it's a possibility.

Are you wanting a Pioneer branded bar or just looking to get something your existing chains will work on?

Thanks for the reply Paul !
Would like a Pioneer NOS bar with the same specs as the current one . If I can't find one I will buy a new different make one .
Western Saw

Hmm I would need to get a new picture hosting site and upload a picture as Photobucket is not that great anymore !
There is a site in my signature.
You might also try one of these; daclips.com, imgur.com, Postimage.org, tinypic.com (owned by Photobucket; I'm not certain this is still free or for how long).

Latest posts

Back