Ported my 346oe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt.stalker

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
After much procrastination , I finally did my 1st port job . It took me just 2 short eves . I opened and blended the lowers , like Randy shows on re-visiting the 346 .
Then I cut a step in the exhaust , like my jonnyred has . Also, matched the ex. to the gasket , and tapered back to the step . Enlarged entire ex port . Did not alter stock port width @ opening .
Polished ex. with emery cloth in dewalt , followed by flapper wheels in Dremel .
Finally , assembled with yamabond/gasket delete .
Tonight , she fired right up :) , idled nice , good responce . I burried the 16" bar in a 20" pc of very dry maple and leaned on her pretty heavy . She pulled with authority , and I could'nt be happier .
I'd like to thank Randy and Neal and all of you other builders and hackers on here , who willingly share your ideas , knowledge and experiances .

Cool man!

Something special about the OE!

I ported mine about three years ago, after runnin the crap out of it for 10 years.

Love it!!! :D

Good job bro! Only problem is its catchy after the first one. One day you'll be waiting for the microwave to finish nuking something and catch yourself thinkin... "Wonder what this thing could do ported" lol.

Loco

Congrats on your first port job! Nice when everythings works out good. :clap:

Back