ArboristSite.com Sponsors

"Pro Safety Spikes"

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by cary911, Dec 4, 2019.

1. cary911

cary911 ArboristSite Guru

Short of Bailey's … Pro Safety "Irvin Ritola" had a website that was a bit more descriptive on the latest. Really great guy to talk to to as well, when the 390's 6 point changed designed as they were not fitting w/o milling some room on the outsite spike, etc. … Anyway, I don't see his website any longer? PS-S880_2.jpg He was always looking forward to whats new in the industry & build respectively!

Stihl's 88O's … "Available at Bailey's" …

2. Rusty01

Rusty01 ArboristSite Lurker

I literally found this post as I’ve been searching for the website. I live in NWFL and getting a wrap handle saw is about impossible. So I’m trying to see if “Pro-Safety” makes one for an MS362... plus more felling dogs!

Asawbum and cary911 like this.
  3. cary911

"Baileys Online" … appears to be the only resource for Pro Safety Spikes. … All the Husqvarna Wrap Handles & one for the 460.

I'm sure Ebay has a Full wrap for the 362. … if not, "Ordering from a Stihl Dealer Direct will Set you Up!

https://www.baileysonline.com/

4. Asawbum

Asawbum ArboristSite Lurker

The falling spikes from a 661 work on a 362. 044, 064, 066, 660, 661 are all the same I think. Get it from Madsens their prices are better than Bailey's. I love my 5 points with the safety wrap. Which I love and makes the saw a lot more crush proof... A bit.

Attached Files:

5. catbuster

catbuster Catskinner. And buster.

Pro Safety wrap handles for Stihl saws... Awesome. Pro Safety dawgs... Usually a little too much. My buddy with a 395 and the five pointers had a nasty habit of the saw pulling the dawg into the log so hard it was hard to get out of the bark and sometimes look big hunks of bark with it.

The bigger stock Husqvarna & Stihl dawgs work just fine. My experience working with and around other people has been that the stockers work better unless you’re working on the coast out west where the bark is literally over an inch thick.

cary911 likes this.
  6. Asawbum

Asawbum ArboristSite Lurker

You are right about that. I only like the five points with their safety wrap bar. My saws that came with stock west coast wraps have 661 spikes for lightness or the five points. The five points are super close to the 064 spikes. Which are Stihl kinda nuts. I definitely would not take five points into a tree. They are for logging.

7. cary911

I can attest, Pro Safety spikes are a Raucous, God **** . Don't stab yourself!

Rusty01 and Asawbum like this.
  8. curhunter

curhunter ArboristSite Lurker

I think I have a set of those spikes for a 362. If you want I can see if they are still here?

9. Rusty01

Rusty01 ArboristSite Lurker

I appreciate it, but I’ve already got a set on my 362 & 261.