• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

"Pro Safety Spikes"

cary911

cary911

ArboristSite Guru
Short of Bailey's … Pro Safety "Irvin Ritola" had a website that was a bit more descriptive on the latest. Really great guy to talk to to as well, when the 390's 6 point changed designed as they were not fitting w/o milling some room on the outsite spike, etc. … Anyway, I don't see his website any longer? PS-S880_2.jpg He was always looking forward to whats new in the industry & build respectively!

Stihl's 88O's … "Available at Bailey's" …

Rusty01

Rusty01

ArboristSite Lurker
Short of Bailey's … Pro Safety "Irvin Ritola" had a website that was a bit more descriptive on the latest. Really great guy to talk to to as well, when the 390's 6 point changed designed as they were not fitting w/o milling some room on the outsite spike, etc. … Anyway, I don't see his website any longer? View attachment 777492 He was always looking forward to whats new in the industry & build respectively!

Stihl's 88O's … "Available at Bailey's" …
I literally found this post as I’ve been searching for the website. I live in NWFL and getting a wrap handle saw is about impossible. So I’m trying to see if “Pro-Safety” makes one for an MS362... plus more felling dogs!

Asawbum

Asawbum

ArboristSite Lurker
The falling spikes from a 661 work on a 362. 044, 064, 066, 660, 661 are all the same I think. Get it from Madsens their prices are better than Bailey's. I love my 5 points with the safety wrap. Which I love and makes the saw a lot more crush proof... A bit.

I literally found this post as I’ve been searching for the website. I live in NWFL and getting a wrap handle saw is about impossible. So I’m trying to see if “Pro-Safety” makes one for an MS362... plus more felling dogs!

Attachments

catbuster

catbuster

Best known for breaking stuff.
Pro Safety wrap handles for Stihl saws... Awesome. Pro Safety dawgs... Usually a little too much. My buddy with a 395 and the five pointers had a nasty habit of the saw pulling the dawg into the log so hard it was hard to get out of the bark and sometimes look big hunks of bark with it.

The bigger stock Husqvarna & Stihl dawgs work just fine. My experience working with and around other people has been that the stockers work better unless you’re working on the coast out west where the bark is literally over an inch thick.

Asawbum

Asawbum

ArboristSite Lurker
You are right about that. I only like the five points with their safety wrap bar. My saws that came with stock west coast wraps have 661 spikes for lightness or the five points. The five points are super close to the 064 spikes. Which are Stihl kinda nuts. I definitely would not take five points into a tree. They are for logging.

Pro Safety wrap handles for Stihl saws... Awesome. Pro Safety dawgs... Usually a little too much. My buddy with a 395 and the five pointers had a nasty habit of the saw pulling the dawg into the log so hard it was hard to get out of the bark and sometimes look big hunks of bark with it.

The bigger stock Husqvarna & Stihl dawgs work just fine. My experience working with and around other people has been that the stockers work better unless you’re working on the coast out west where the bark is literally over an inch thick.

cary911

cary911

ArboristSite Guru

I can attest, Pro Safety spikes are a Raucous, God **** . Don't stab yourself!