Search for the all around TH

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicksterdemus

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Thanks for all the posts as I've been reading them while looking for a top handle.

Local wares & prices:

Jonsered CS 2139 T $429-$480 + tax(Too close in price to a 338XPT that I can't afford)

Husqvarna 334T-- 359-369 +tax(Not much break, 50-100 miles to drive to pick-up, not in stock)

Stihl 192T-339+ tax(My research indicates that the Husky 334T edges out this model stihl for my application)

Husky T435 was $339 and I've noticed how close places stick to MSRP, yet this was 40 clams over.

I even checked out the 40cc solo 637at Bailey's but it's no longer available. The Tanaka also appears to be a tad too little and I know nuttin' 'bout them.

I have a small 12 yr old Poulan TH that needs new gas lines and cut small stuff ok after wearing out the safety chain and installing a real chain. I liked that basic design w/no chain brake to make it nose heavy. As I recall they were on sale for a C note @ Home Depot. I wish I'd bought a couple of them little green turds.

I also went to the husky site and pulled up, to compare, the 334T, 338XPT and the new T435.

According to the site about the only difference between the 338XPT and the 334T was the piston diameter. I'm sure thers's other differences as I'm only going by the listed specs.

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landowner/products/chainsaws/compare-chainsaws/?nid=166327,166435,136005

I read where the T435 is rebadged and it appears to me that Husky dropped the 334T to build a cheaper model filling the slot and widening the gap between it and the 338XPT. Maybe not, but the prices and pieces seem to fit the scenario.

I realize the 338 is the only pro saw of the husky bunch, yet find it interesting that the 334T was listed as a step down landowner series while the new T435 is awarded pro status by Husky.

What's up w/that?

As well the T435 piston diameter is the same as the 338 w/shorter stroke promoting higher revs over torque.

Anywho, I'm clearing a few acres behind the house w/HT-75, Dewalt skillsaw & sawzall, yellow handled Stanley compound pruners, hatchet, single bit ax, classic Homelite Super XL, yammy 2 wheel drive bear tracker and the new, yet to be shipped, 334T.

I cut n hemmed a piece of galvanized sheet metal, 20-22 gauge, riveting it on the back rack for a platform.

Isn't but about an extra three foot, yet every little bit helps.

I'll use the little husky as a .243 rifle. There's better varmint rifles & better deer rifles, but the .243 can bridge both fairly well.

I'll use the 334T to limb what the pole saw won't and fell some small trees/large saplings.

Should be easier than the cordless circular saw though I give up the stealth factor!

I'm too old and fat to climb, but I can still walk up a ladder and stand on limb if the situation calls for such.

I'm basically just opening up some woods that I'm going to put under fence and let my three goats keep it clean.

Two sections, about three acres each, that I'm ridding of gum, hackberry, elm mostly and my new found nemeses, the callery pear.

I don't mind a couple of locust trees for character, but death to the callery!

I ordered the 334T off the net so it came to 349 dineros shipped.

That was about 110 bucks cheaper than the Jonsered after you add taxes.

You could argue that the CS 2139 T is worth it as it's basically a cheaper 338, but you have to draw a line in the financial sand somewhere.

I really thought the 2139 would be priced closer to the 334T.

I wouldn't have minded the drive and a few extra bucks on the husky if anyone local(Within 70 miles) had it in stock.

Neighbor has a bucket truck that probably saw service for a cable company. I might have to ease over there and see how much he wants.

That would be real handy, howevah I haven't a clue on the value of such. Bound to be a 3/4 ton pick-up I reckon.

Thanks again guys for al the posts and feel free to straighten me out on any misconceptions I have coz I'm no arborist, nevah worked for a tree outfit and don't profess to be qualified.

Latest posts

Back