seal puller?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
225859d1330126756-seal-puller-jpg

Here's the one in my garage!!!

View attachment 225859

I dunno Fish . . . that one looks like a bear to use!

I bought the Lisle puller after reading reviews of it here on A.S. (see the Arboristsite has cost me $$$ thread!)

Philbert

I have the red handled Lisle puller, modified one of the hooks by grinding/filing id down a bit, works great. I made a better and faster tool from a linoleum flooring knife, also called a hook knife.Just punch the tip of it through the soft part of an old seal, push the tip of the blade under the metal outer ring and rock the knife backwards, pops the seal out really easily.

sounds like ill be buying one now. this weekend im gonna order a case splitter and a seal puller along with going to sears and buying an air compressor so i can do leak down checks and rebuilds.

The screwdriver trick will probably work fine for most saws, but the flywheel side on an 024/026 is a bear even using the screwdriver trick. I used to build a ton of 024/026's so that's why i thought it was worth while investing in the tool.

I used a screw through the seal to pull them on the two 026's I have rebuilt. When I am about the drill through the seal, I stop and use a small brad to pop the hole open. That way I don't have to worry about metal shavings falling into the bearings.
If I did a bunch of 026's, I would definitely own the Stihl puller.

i have a set of snapon mini picks, and use the 90 degree, and the fish hook, works for me, larger seals I use a sheetrock screw. Pop through the rubber and reach for the outside rim and pull. Some need a wiggle and others just come right out.

Back