Silver Maple Staff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a bit high tech but it has infinite heat control for all the various tips in the set, it was a birthday present from my family as I am too cheap to spend that kind of monies on a hobby tool....LOL
I was wondering about that, since you said you were too cheap to buy the knife set. :laugh:

I have as much or even more fun making the knives than carving the wood. I have always seen myself as a tool maker first and a user of them after. Figuring out how a tool fits into the project and then making it takes far more time than the actual using the tool takes.
I'm the same way...kind of. I don't make the tools, but I enjoy the process of learning to use a new tool, or gadget more than the actual finished project.
I guess you could say I enjoy the journey rather than the destination. That could be why I rarely make the same thing twice, once I've figured it out, time to move on to another new project. :yes:
That's why I said earlier that the first one I make is usually perfect, but not repeatable.

Ta da!
First photo is paint before heat gun
The others are after setting paint with heat gun and buffing for a little shine.
Used that small Hutsell knife for the hair and smaller detail, worked great.

I was thinking about totem polls the other day. Guess that's what this staff will look like when I'm finished with it. :cool:
Thanks for all the tips and advice! :heart: Couldn't have done it without you guys.

paint before heatgun.JPG
set and buffed back.JPGset and buffedfront.JPGset and buffedside.JPGw pattern.JPG

Ta da!
The others are after setting paint with heat gun and buffing for a little shine.

I was thinking about totem polls the other day. Guess that's what this staff will look like when I'm finished with it. :cool:
Thanks for all the tips and advice! :heart: Couldn't have done it without you guys.

View attachment 902067
View attachment 902068View attachment 902069View attachment 902070View attachment 902071
Awesome job !

Ta da!

View attachment 902067
View attachment 902068View attachment 902069View attachment 902070View attachment 902071
You are in business!
Actually, working on the next one, a girl gnome - narrow shoulders are okay. :p
We should have Gnome.

Back