Spring!! firewood cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david78

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Looks like spring might finally be here. Still a little snow on the ground here, but nice sunny weather the last few days, so I've been getting out the last couple days cutting wood with my oldest son. Here's a couple pics. Anyone else cutting?

Yes. We've been working since January (as snow allows) to bring wood home. We have a good pile of firewood length and now are working on the pile of log length that we paid a guy to bring over (was running out of time to cut and haul ourselves). We have maybe 15-18 cords of log length that needs cut, split and stacked. Worked at it last weekend and did 5-6 cords, maybe. Hard to tell, as we are just cutting splitting, and tossing in a big pile for now as we work the logs down. I think I'll be hitting it tomorrow.

ed into him out of the dark and plunged off after the wizard. Something with hundreds of tiny feet. With only his home-made phrase book to help him GHD Hair Straightener Twoflower was trying to explain the mysteries of in-sour-ants to Broadman. The fat innkeeper was listening intently, his little black eyes glittering. From the other end of the table Ymor watched with

:spam::dizzy::spam::dizzy::spam::censored:

Found myself in a pinch this year for wood due to all the rain last fall and the heavy snow on Christmas and New years, then the mud. So I went out and started cutting again yesterday, gonna rain again today tho. Got a small load from my dad's, was planning on an attack on a dozed hedge pile but pops wanted some help cleaning up around the pond. I'll take what I can get when I can get it after learning not to put it off! New Goal: have barn filled by fall and enjoy my winter next time!!

Yep...... I've been doing a little spring cutting myself. Here's a picture of me stuck out behing my friends house. It doesn't look like much of a slope, but its actually a good hill. He wasn't home so I had no choice but to come-along myself out of the mud....... which worked fine till my come-along broke. I have about 5000lbs of wood in the trailer. In the end, another friend showed up and gave me a tug with his chebby dually.

Looks liike you have a good haul there....... and you were smart enough to stay out of the mud ! :cheers:

Winch001.jpg

Back