Stihl 064 Clutch Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litefoot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
When I tore down the 2 064's I'm using in my rebuild project, I noticed there was no cover washer between the worm/spring and the clutch assembly on either saw. The 064 IPL I have shows it there. Both clutch assemblies were torqued down really tight, so I would assume they weren't scavenged. Did earlier 064's not have one?

The older 064s did not have the clutch washer and don't try to put one behind the clutch when you re-install; it will bind up the oil pump worm gear. If you buy a new/newer clutch for your 064 then you'll be able to use the clutch washer.

The old clutches on the early 064s had a different type of retainer on the clutch shoes and they act as the clutch washer.

The first one I rebuilt didnt come with one either. I know the bottom end hadnt been apart before.

The older 064s did not have the clutch washer and don't try to put one behind the clutch when you re-install; it will bind up the oil pump worm gear. If you buy a new/newer clutch for your 064 then you'll be able to use the clutch washer.

The old clutches on the early 064s had a different type of retainer on the clutch shoes and they act as the clutch washer.

Thanks, guys. That's just what I needed. Tried to rep you both, but only got JJ. Got to wait a bit for you, Jason.

LOL, I could care less about rep, I just like it when people like JacobJ post, always good information.

I was just searching old posts on putting a 12mm crank in a 10mm case, and JacobJ's post helped a lot. Helped make it hard to decide whether to do it or not, lol!

Latest posts

Back