Stihl flippy cap replacements

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll share this with you all here. Gregg at Left Coast Supplies has been working on having the stihl flippy cap replacements made for some time now. These will be sold here in the US at LCS.

Will be for individual sell, not having to buy whole crankcases for a set like those others.

Thread. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/stihl/video-of-the-stihl-flippy-cap-replacements/

Coming real soon FS, here is one I received.

Hope this helps you all flippy cap haters out. ;)

LCSrepcap 002.JPG LCSrepcap 004.JPG LCSrepcap 006.JPG

" Coming real soon " can't come soon enough . I'm sick of pulling a saw up the tree to find an empty gas tank because somebody can't figure out the fuel cap. I'm in for a dozen.

My only issue with the OEM caps is that they start to weep fuel mix sooner than later. I keep a couple spares 'cause every month or two I smell fuel in the tool shed in the morning and it will always be a saw with a bad cap. In use, I never have a problem, though.

A problem I've found with the flippy caps is when I bought some AM replacements that wouldn't work. They fit in the hole but wouldn't fold down like they're supposed to do so I ended up throwing some of them away. They didn't cost much and I did manage to get about half of them to work. So if you buy any of the Chinese knock offs be sure to buy more than you need, still cheaper than OEM.

My only issue with the OEM caps is that they start to weep fuel mix sooner than later. I keep a couple spares 'cause every month or two I smell fuel in the tool shed in the morning and it will always be a saw with a bad cap. In use, I never have a problem, though.
Mine is the bar oil, so it looks like the Valdez tipped over in my pump house

A problem I've found with the flippy caps is when I bought some AM replacements that wouldn't work. They fit in the hole but wouldn't fold down like they're supposed to do so I ended up throwing some of them away. They didn't cost much and I did manage to get about half of them to work. So if you buy any of the Chinese knock offs be sure to buy more than you need, still cheaper than OEM.

Im not too up on the goin rate for parts , and since prices seem to be all over the board its hard to say whats what.

What do you pay for the caps ?

Latest posts

Back