Stihl flippy cap replacements

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've taken the flip caps off and on thousands of times and had maybe 4-5 issues with the bar oil side. That was also in the winter when the temp was around 5 degrees. I personally like them better than the others but to each their own!!!!

Is it just me or are they next to impossible to click in if the tanks are overflowing? Kind of like a hydraulic lock .
Fanks

IMO, the old Stihl caps with a screwdriver slot are better than twist caps w/o the slot as I always have a T wrench in the woods and if not they can be done either way but the slot allows ease of operation with gloves on in winter,etc..
The flip caps remind me of British approach to designs, as in overdone.

IMO, the old Stihl caps with a screwdriver slot are better than twist caps w/o the slot as I always have a T wrench in the woods and if not they can be done either way but the slot allows ease of operation with gloves on in winter,etc..
The flip caps remind me of British approach to designs, as in overdone.

You do have to hand it to whatever Brit came up with their approach to Jaywalking/pedestrian-vs-automobile. (or at least the way I have heard that things work) is that if you hit/drive over someone inside a crosswalk it is a Felony, a big one; BUT if you hit/run over a pedestrian outside of a crosswalk they pay to repair your car. It is balanced..... But yah the flippy caps are annoying with any sort of glove on, whether it be winter or safety gloves does not matter. The screw lids with screwdriver slot were my favorite.

After all these years, I still hate those flippies as much as the first day I laid my eyes on them.
Are these replacements already for sale ? I couldn't find them on the website of LCS ?

After all these years, I still hate those flippies as much as the first day I laid my eyes on them.
Are these replacements already for sale ? I couldn't find them on the website of LCS ?

Info in the thread. Only starting 3rd page. ;)

Howdy,
I should have a supply about March - April. They'll sell for about $8.00 each.
Regards
Gregg

:sucks: I use Shell Rotella, full syn, T6 in my farm tractor(diesel), my sawmill Kohler, my BMW MC(many riders of certain machines use it due to the high zinc content) and I stock up in spring/fall sale prices at wally world & keep the award points in my web acct with Shell awards program. FWIW, just my small yearly use in those machines will buy my wife & I a free dinner @ Red Lobster. Hard to argue with that deal! :happybanana:
Or is it...;)

flippy caps 2.0?? with the lines on let you know if they are inline and when flush will not fall out, i do find occasionally it twists when not all the way in displayed by the lines. Which is fixed in <10 sec with twisting back to 90deg manually

The black white and orange dot on the trimmers and pole equipment, what is different mechanically

LoveStihlQuality
I love Stihl quality, too. I have seven Stihl chainsaws and a top-of-the-line Kombi system. Really enjoy them all EXCEPT for those darn cam-lock caps. IMHO, they are an embarrassment to the level of performance we expect. All other manufacturers do a better job when it comes to capping fluid reservoirs.

Howdy,
Well, the fuel caps are in. The oil caps are still in process. Our developer will be getting them on the website this weekend. The caps will be $7.50 each if you drop them in the cart on our website. I know there'll be a lot of people who just want to order caps. So, the best way I can work this if you're ordering caps only is for quantities of 1 or 2 they'll be $10.00 each with shipping included. Any order for 3 or more will be $7.50 each with shipping included. If anybody wants to go by Paypal, contact me with a USPS ship to address, and a e-mail address. I'll send you an invoice you can pay.
Regards
Gregg

Lol, great job Gregg! Hope they sell well.

I seriously wonder how many sales Stihl has lost due to flippys? I know I sold a ms 260 after trying them and instead went with a used 026 and had a monkey rebuild my 046 so I wouldn't have to deal with them. My gut tells me I'm not the only curmudgeon that's done so. Adding moving parts to a fuel cap was retarded.

Back