Stihl flippy cap replacements

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy,
Well, the fuel caps are in. The oil caps are still in process. Our developer will be getting them on the website this weekend. The caps will be $7.50 each if you drop them in the cart on our website. I know there'll be a lot of people who just want to order caps. So, the best way I can work this if you're ordering caps only is for quantities of 1 or 2 they'll be $10.00 each with shipping included. Any order for 3 or more will be $7.50 each with shipping included. If anybody wants to go by Paypal, contact me with a USPS ship to address, and a e-mail address. I'll send you an invoice you can pay.
Regards
Gregg
Is there a way that a person could preorder the Oil caps and simply have the Oil & Fuel caps delivered at the same time? (Might net the seller more $ if you only have to pay 1/2 the shipping...... ; )

LOL and all we need now is a 5 year old to demonstrate the flippy cap! I really do not get the hate I have flippys on my saws, I sells hundreds of saws and no one comes in and says I hate those dammed caps.. Maybe it is that I demonstrate the proper opening and closing procedure?! Again I ask where is that 5 year old!!! ;)

so where can one get these new caps?

Pls explain how to work the bstds of things, speak slowly and speak loud, thanks :)

flip the latch up
turn counter clockwise
return cap and turn clockwise
push down latch.

Hmm, sounds simple Rockjock, thanks for that, never works that simple on the Stihl polesaw, the only
gear with one here.

When I reinsert to seal (after filling oil for instance) it time and time again doesn't go fully into the
cavity and hence doesn't seal. End up with oily hands, swear etc 50% of the time, has a mind of its own.....lol

flip the latch up
turn counter clockwise
return cap and turn clockwise
push down latch.
It only takes once not to get seated and dump gas all over Carharts. I never, never, ever, ever had that with screw caps! P-'-ed off enough, actually thinking of trying a Husky. Actually yeah. [emoji5]
Some leaking flip caps had recall, free replacement. Pretty sure never needed a recall on screw caps.
I recently bought a second 046 from a member here. I also have a spare 046 tank just in case. I saw that even the 880 has flippys#^&/!**

LoveStihlQuality

It only takes once not to get seated and dump gas all over Carharts. I never, never, ever, ever had that with screw caps! P-'-ed off enough, actually thinking of trying a Husky. Actually yeah. [emoji5]
Some leaking flip caps had recall, free replacement. Pretty sure never needed a recall on screw caps.
I recently bought a second 046 from a member here. I also have a spare 046 tank just in case. I saw that even the 880 has flippys#^&/!**

LoveStihlQuality

LOL some have had issues many have not. I service a great many saws and I do not hear much about how terrible they are. I think it is what you are used to, many resist change. In my neck of the woods a Stihl could have a flippy cap with a disco ball hung from it and they still would choose it over a Husqvarna, echo, poulan, solo, dolmar etc... It is all about service, the ability to get chains, parts and alike. There are better saws out there for peoples uses but the fact remains it can be an awesome saw but if you have no service then whats the point.

LOL some have had issues many have not. I service a great many saws and I do not hear much about how terrible they are. I think it is what you are used to, many resist change. In my neck of the woods a Stihl could have a flippy cap with a disco ball hung from it and they still would choose it over a Husqvarna, echo, poulan, solo, dolmar etc... It is all about service, the ability to get chains, parts and alike. There are better saws out there for peoples uses but the fact remains it can be an awesome saw but if you have no service then whats the point.
Now I'd like to see that![emoji5] I'm mostly getting by with the flippies, just can't figure why they changed????? I have an awesome Stihl dealer 10 minutes away. Just went to get ignition coil for 362, in stock. 20 minutes to buy, install and fire up.
Next one gonna try a Husky, probably 372.

LoveStihlQuality

Now I'd like to see that![emoji5] I'm mostly getting by with the flippies, just can't figure why they changed????? I have an awesome Stihl dealer 10 minutes away. Just went to get ignition coil for 362, in stock. 20 minutes to buy, install and fire up.
Next one gonna try a Husky, probably 372.

LoveStihlQuality

I don't know why they changed but I have seen many normal caps that the operator used the ill fitting scrench to tighten them and broke them. I must open and close those flippy caps dozens of times a day when I demo equipment and they seem to be fine. I suppose it is muscle memory or something like that. I do think if proper maintenance is done both styles of cap are just fine. Has not hurts sales of the Stihl 1 bit from what I have seen thus far.

I don't know why they changed but I have seen many normal caps that the operator used the ill fitting scrench to tighten them and broke them. I must open and close those flippy caps dozens of times a day when I demo equipment and they seem to be fine. I suppose it is muscle memory or something like that. I do think if proper maintenance is done both styles of cap are just fine. Has not hurts sales of the Stihl 1 bit from what I have seen thus far.
I don't have as much muscle or memory anymore. [emoji22] I guess karma, just this evening running 020T top handle. One fuel stop, I forgot to tighten the bar oil! uploadfromtaptalk1461547324048.jpguploadfromtaptalk1461547345894.jpg

LoveStihlQuality

Wong idea guys, I want away from flippy's... I want the 1 piece version but I can only find them down to a 290, not a 250

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322035731612?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

umm thats a flippy cap with out the flippy part. No solution there. As I have said I open and close those little bastards 50 times a day ( more or less ) No issues. I replace the odd one but from the sheer volume of saws I sell the number is quite low. I even have a tree company that has 6 or 7 ms 250's that the ground guys use, bought in 2008 or 2009 flippy caps intact but the handles are held ion with gorollia tape and zip ties.

Back