Stihl flippy cap replacements

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which means that some of us should stick to polishing saws instead of running them. Just saying'...:chainsaw:
Me thinks that ALL machines start out new & shiny?
As for the flippy caps, I've not had my saw with them to have a complaint as yet. The gas flipper on my Stihl blower is harder to function w/o a bit of focus and i did break it in the short time I've had the blower. Different design on that flipper and harder to get in right position and takes more pressure on the flipping operation than the smaller chainsaw ones.

I still like huskys version of the flippy screw in the best. But you got to work with what over thinking stihlheads give ya. :buttkick:
LOL and all we need now is a 5 year old to demonstrate the flippy cap! I really do not get the hate I have flippys on my saws, I sells hundreds of saws and no one comes in and says I hate those dammed caps.. Maybe it is that I demonstrate the proper opening and closing procedure?! Again I ask where is that 5 year old!!! ;)

so where can one get these new caps?

Hey rock jock, I'm a professional wrench and taught two skilled trades and so on-my cap broke and easily.
Take yer 5 year old version of reality and go wonder why people comment on them as they do. Like I said earlier, with the 241 saw they are very easy & positive, the blower gas cap not so much. No, I don't need a demonstration either. :p
I bought a used one off ebay to avoid the trip to a dealer and the price. It seems to work better than the first one?
Do they break in cold weather under force?

Hey rock jock, I'm a professional wrench and taught two skilled trades and so on-my cap broke and easily.
Take yer 5 year old version of reality and go wonder why people comment on them as they do. Like I said earlier, with the 241 saw they are very easy & positive, the blower gas cap not so much. No, I don't need a demonstration either. :p
I bought a used one off ebay to avoid the trip to a dealer and the price. It seems to work better than the first one?
Do they break in cold weather under force?

As I said I sell lots of saw and never get any complaints, I do agree on the 241 it is very smooth and positive. As far as breaking in the winter.. I am pretty careful when it comes time to refuel no issues yet. Maybe I am lucky I dunno.. I open and close them so often maybe I am just used to them. Sadly there was a problem and many have seen it. People using the scrench and goobering up the slot. Maybe they should have kept the screw on cap sans the slot. I do have to say i replace far more of the old style than the new, most for the reason I posted above. What I do find funny are those who have issues using them correctly. But this new cap may solve all those problems. they made in the USA or across the pond?

I used to love flippy caps til about a month ago. It took me 10 min or so to get the dam oil cap back on. It just wouldnt turn and lock. I would love to get a couple sets.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Ya would cost a fortune to get across the border.lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

yes that's true.. but if I can get them to Troy I can have them brought to me and then I can ship them out for much much muuuch less to my fellow Beavers.

Back